Question Low GPU usage while gaming

MhN

Prominent
Dec 23, 2022
Hello! Yesterday I upgraded to a 2060 from a 1050TI. My configuration is as follows: RTX 2060, I5 8400, 8GB Ram 2400mhz, 400W PSU and an H310M motherboard. In Fivem, my processor is at 80-100% and the GPU at 30-40%. Do you think it would be a CPU bottleneck? I think that after I upgrade to 750w PSU and rams, getting 2666 8x2 would work better.Can you give me some advice?

Normally I would say CPU bottleneck from those usage stats, but your CPU is a lot better than the minimum requirements. Do you currently have a single stick of RAM? That could cause your issue, I would certainly move to 2 x 8GB.

Oh absolutely you should upgrade the PSU, 400W is very low for your system.

MhN

Prominent
Dec 23, 2022
Thank you for the answer! Yes, I only have a 1x8 2400 ram and the next upgrade will be to 2x8 2666. As soon as I collect the money, the PSU and the rams will be changed, but I wanted to know after I change them if it will still be the same, or possibly if it will be a change in PC performance. For example, I run COD WARZONE quite hard in 50-60 fps, but, to feel good, I tell myself that after I change the rams and psu it will be better. Can you please tell me if this change will really happen? Thank you very much

Something like COD Warzone will heavily utilise an i5 8400. However my expectation is that you would see an improvement moving from 8GB single channel to 16GB dual channel. Sometimes the difference can be quite substantial especially in terms of minimum frame rates. At the very least it's a very sub optimal configuration you have right now so definitely worth changing.

MhN

Prominent
Dec 23, 2022
Hey there,

100% Agree with @Nighthawk117 , with just one stick of slow ram, you are literally missing out on about 30%+ performance. Your system is running in single channel mode, with slow ram. You need to get a 2 x 8 or 2 x 16 kit of 3200mhz ram.

The motherboard only supports 2666mhz, I'm not good at computers, will there be a difference from 1x8 2400 to 2x8 2666? I'm asking because I had a really hard time getting the money for the card and I want to know if it's still worth adding money to feel the maximum potential of the PC

The motherboard only supports 2666mhz, I'm not good at computers, will there be a difference from 1x8 2400 to 2x8 2666? I'm asking because I had a really hard time getting the money for the card and I want to know if it's still worth adding money to feel the maximum potential of the PC
There's very little difference between 2400 and 2666. The benefit your getting is moving from single channel to dual channel memory which will give you a big boost in memory bandwidth. I would be surprised if you did not notice a performance improvement in a demanding game like COD Warzone.