Question Low Gpu Usage

Mar 14, 2019
Im running a 1050ti with an amd fx 6300 and i know the cpu is weak but this isnt a case of bottlenecking because in games such as escape from tarkov my cpu and gpu usage are low with none of my cores even hitting 100% and my gpu sitting at 40 - 50%

Things ive tried: "Driver Reinstall" "Driver Rollback" "Disabling Power Saving in Nvidia and Windows" "Reseating gpu and Cleaning gpu heatsink" "applying new gpu thermal paste to assure there is no heating issues" "optimizing with Geforce Experience"

note: This is a new problem that has only existed since i just formatted and reinstall windows on my ssd

My gpu will reach 100% on benchmarks and other straining software. This is only a problem in most games.

If there is a game you want me to test my cpu and gpu usage on tell me cause i have alot of games and id be glad to give more info.

alithegreat

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2013
Hello,

I think you are uneasy because of low gpu usage, because you also have lower performance than expected , right?

Another 1050ti user asked the same question and solved it by using some older drivers , actually he just said GPU hit %100 but i guess performance was also increased. Read below and use search next time, thanks.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...nvidia-drivers-and-jef.3455628/#post-20898258

My general comments are also same like that post.

Mar 14, 2019
Hello,

I think you are uneasy because of low gpu usage, because you also have lower performance than expected , right?

Another 1050ti user asked the same question and solved it by using some older drivers , actually he just said GPU hit %100 but i guess performance was also increased. Read below and use search next time, thanks.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...nvidia-drivers-and-jef.3455628/#post-20898258

I will try this. For now i have an update. Just now i was playing BF1 and i noticed during pre rendered cutscenes and things aside from gameplay my gpu would hit 100 and my fps would rise DRAMATICALLY but as soon as it transitions back to gameplay my gpu slowly goes back down to 30% usage and my frames slowly drop. I have no idea why this happens but im gonna try what is suggested in the forum you linked and update after.

Mar 14, 2019
Hello,

Ok i did what was suggested in that forum. Unfortunately it did not fix anything at all. Im lost on what to do here i cant think of any solutions
Edit: I Tried increasing the DSR in the nvidia settings to see if the did much. it just caused my gpu usage to jump up and down like crazy and make games perform horribly

Last edited: