[SOLVED] Low GPU Usage

PanzaruRares

Prominent
Jan 20, 2020
My PC specs : GPU: GTX 970 ASUS TURBO 4GB
CPU: i5-4460 3.2GHz
RAM: 16 GB DD3 Hyperx 1666mhz
PSU: Sirtec 650W bronze
P.s: don't have a SDD,will buy it in the future.

My GPU usage is around 60% and my CPU is always near 85%. I have been surfing the web about bottleneck but everyone said it doesn't.Games i tested on : RUST,Rainbow Siege,PUBG. I tried to overclock the GPU with msi afterburner and i always get a gray screen after 10 minutes of gameplay.Temperatures are normal around 60 for the GPU and 57 for CPU

Solution
non-K Haswell and newer CPUs cannot be overclocked. So no, there's nothing you can do to remedy this with your current setup.

On the i7 (4670K is an i5) question. That all depends on how much you can buy a 4th gen i7 for in your country and what your budget is. Unless you can get an i7 for pretty cheap, most people would agree that you should look at a platform upgrade (CPU+mobo+RAM).
non-K Haswell and newer CPUs cannot be overclocked. So no, there's nothing you can do to remedy this with your current setup.

On the i7 (4670K is an i5) question. That all depends on how much you can buy a 4th gen i7 for in your country and what your budget is. Unless you can get an i7 for pretty cheap, most people would agree that you should look at a platform upgrade (CPU+mobo+RAM).

Solution

PanzaruRares

Prominent
Jan 20, 2020

I Found a second-hand i7-4670k for 170 euros,my budget is around 200. Is it worth it or should i wait to buy a ryzen?

(SA TRAIESTI !)
I have the same problem, since somedays my gpu aren't using full gpu usage, For example in CS:GO i had 126 FPS, now only 36..., i have opened an post but seems like nobody wants to help me.
Your problem is not same with OP's. You own a laptop that uses both integrated and dedicated GPU. Your problem lies somewhere else, probably temperature or power related.

OP's problem is the CPU.