Jun 14, 2020
PC Specs:
ASUS Rog Strix B450-F MB
MSI GeForce 2060 Super 8GB OC Ventus
16GB T-Force RAM
AMD Ryzen 7 2700x CPU
500GB Samsung 970 EVO
2TB Seagate Barracude

I've been running MSI Afterburner and noticed during games I'm not getting full GPU usage.
Playing ESO I was only getting around 40-50% GPU Usage and During CoD Warzone I was getting aroudn 70-80% I also only getting 60-70 FPS on Warzone on Normal Settings.
Any suggestions on what could be happening? I know Warzone is a trash but i feel with this setups i should be getting better than 60-70 fps.

Solution
My guess is that your AMD Ryzen 7 2700x CPU is holding you back. No doubt its a solid processor for productivity and 60 fps gaming, but I've noticed that when I run COD with my i7-9700k (overclocked to 5.1 GHz on all cores) and my RTX 2080 FI, my CPU utilization shoots through the roof.

COD gobbles up CPU cores and threads and your Ryzen's all core boost clock is relatively low. High clock speeds are important in high fps gaming which is what you are after.

Try running COD and monitoring your CPU utilization and clock speeds. If its pegged, that's your problem.
My guess is that your AMD Ryzen 7 2700x CPU is holding you back. No doubt its a solid processor for productivity and 60 fps gaming, but I've noticed that when I run COD with my i7-9700k (overclocked to 5.1 GHz on all cores) and my RTX 2080 FI, my CPU utilization shoots through the roof.

COD gobbles up CPU cores and threads and your Ryzen's all core boost clock is relatively low. High clock speeds are important in high fps gaming which is what you are after.

Try running COD and monitoring your CPU utilization and clock speeds. If its pegged, that's your problem.

Solution
May 27, 2020

Do you think if I buy an i9900k for my rtx 2080 ti 240 hz gaming it would not bottleneck? My games are underperforming and I think is because my 8700k

Do you think if I buy an i9900k for my rtx 2080 ti 240 hz gaming it would not bottleneck? My games are underperforming and I think is because my 8700k
I can't know for sure without knowing more about the rest of your system, but it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case. COD is really CPU intensive as well as 240 hz gaming; put them together...

Yeah, going from a 6 core 12 thread to a 8 core 16 thread should help a lot. If you're running an air cooler, you'll really want to upgrade to a 280 mm or 360 mm AIO as well; the i9-9900k runs really hot (even stock) and ideally you'd want to overclock it to 5.0 GHz on all 8 cores to make sure you run the least chance of bottlenecking possible.

Well, the i7-10700k is similar in performance to an i9-9900k, but a 10th gen processor will require a new motherboard. The i9-9900k will get you a solid boost without a motherboard upgrade. (You might have to reflash your motherboard BIOS though).

On the other hand, if money is no object and you are game to buy a Z490 motherboard, the i9-10900k would be the one I'd get. No more CPU bottleneck for you lol!