Question Low GPU usage

Oct 28, 2020
Recently I have been experiencing low GPU usage in a multitude of games. about 5-30% but usually never higher except for in some games like Rainbow six siege (it uses all of the gpu). I've tried a thousand different performance aiding option in the NVIDIA control panel and following that, a bunch more things in the BIOS and windows 10 itself. I've tried rolling back and updating the to most recent Nvidia gpu driver just tonight and still no difference. I am in talks with activision support about a cod warzone issue (with what I believe to only be an issue with NVIDIA GPUs) and many others have problems in cod warzone especially but I digress. Ive tried turning of SMT in Ryzen Master do get more performance for gaming but it honestly messed with lighting and felt a bit choppy. I've tried graphics card overclocks with MSI afterburner and doesn't help. Also tried changing in game render resolution to make the 2080 Ti work harder but that had little to no affect, I also only upgraded at the end of June from a 550w psu 80+ gold, Ryzen 5 2600x 16gb ram at 3200Mhz, 1660 super 6gb OC, b450 motherboard. No SSD, just 1TB HDD to a 750w fully modular psu 80+ gold, b550-f ROG Strix, same ram from last build, a Samsung 970 evo 500GB SSD where my Windows had been cloned too and now my HDD remains as a secondary boot option, extra 1TB HDD, additional cooling, RTX 2080 Ti. I cant seem to understand why I'm having this problem along with a few others. I would really appreciate any suggestions or definitive fixes or help for the problem I'm having.
Thank you all so much, Cheers!

Oct 28, 2020
cpu usage?
did you do a fresh os install after the cpu upgrade?
Cpu usage is usually between 30-65% but on warzone my ram is usually up in the 70s-80s sometimes low 90s and that’s what makes me think that case is a problem with the game. But no I haven’t done a fresh install of windows. I’ve heard it can help but do you really think it’s the key?

Oct 28, 2020
.CSV files are comma separated value files. Microsoft Excel or Libre Calc would be the proper programs to open them up with. (or any other program that can handle data cells)
I have it now as a Libre Calc but I have no clue how to send it through this forum, just can't see the option to add a saved file

Wait, you cloned windows when you upgraded almost all of the PC including motherboard? Bad idea. Windows tend to not like that kind of things.

You should do a clean installation and you should probably be fine. If you don't want to lose anything from your current setup, you can try the new installation in another drive first to make sure your performance is better. Just disconnect any other drives and use the one left.

Oct 28, 2020
[

Wait, you cloned windows when you upgraded almost all of the PC including motherboard? Bad idea. Windows tend to not like that kind of things.

You should do a clean installation and you should probably be fine. If you don't want to lose anything from your current setup, you can try the new installation in another drive first to make sure your performance is better. Just disconnect any other drives and use the one left.
So you’re saying I should remove my ssd and hard drive that I cloned the OS off and do a clean install of windows onto my third HDD? I don’t have warzone on my third HDD though and that’s where I usually get low GPU usage the most frequently

Oct 28, 2020
I only recommend it if you don't want to lose your current installation. If you don't mind then do a clean install on your current OS drive.
Ok, and what are all the steps I should take initially before doing a complete fresh install/restart to my pc. And is there anything important that I could lose?

You need to take backup of your files. I mean photos, videos, documents, work/school stuff, game saves, etc. IF tgere are any in the drive that you are installing windows.

Have a list of programs you use to install again after the new windows installation. If you have licensed software, make sure you can activate them again (so write down their serial/license keyes).

You can also take a look at this tutorial:

Oct 28, 2020
You need to take backup of your files. I mean photos, videos, documents, work/school stuff, game saves, etc. IF tgere are any in the drive that you are installing windows.

Have a list of programs you use to install again after the new windows installation. If you have licensed software, make sure you can activate them again (so write down their serial/license keyes).

You can also take a look at this tutorial:
I have completed are clean install of windows to my system and yet, my performance issues persist yielding the same problems in games of low GPU load?

TRENDING THREADS