[SOLVED] Low GPU Utilisation, And Overheating Laptop

Apr 23, 2020
I have a MSI GL63 8RE, with a GTX 1060 and an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz.
I am an avid gamer, and play atleast thrice a week.
Until 3 moths ago, i used to get a steady 144 fps in all my games, and they ran smoothly without hitches/frame drops.
However, from then onwards, my frames stopped reaching 144. They are usually at 60, and rarely go above 100. I checked task manager, and my GPU utilization is extremely low.
My GPU 0 (the integrated graphics card [ Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630, 1024 MB]) has a utilization of 40-50% while doing day-to-day tasks, while my GPU 1 [GTX 1060] is usually between 0-5%.
Midgame, GPU 0 utilization goes up to 70-80%, while GPU 1 touches 20% at max.
I have tried all possible solutions, and nothing has worked. In the Nvidia control panel, I changed the preferred graphics card to the GTX 1060 (in my global settings). It marginally helped, but not to a great extent.
My laptop has also started to heat up a lot. It has reached such an extent that I can barely keep it on my lap. I have enabled cooler boost, but the temperature still goes through the roof.

I would greatly appreciate any help for either of these problems
Regards,
Raegirx

*CPU Utilisation hovers around 70-80% usually

Solution
This is excactly the same thing thats happening to me. I don't know why. I've tried factory reset, Driver reinstall, and nothing helped. Also tried what u did, but it barely helped. They should give me my money back, cuz now I cant play ranked in any games, because of lag.
Apr 24, 2020
This is excactly the same thing thats happening to me. I don't know why. I've tried factory reset, Driver reinstall, and nothing helped. Also tried what u did, but it barely helped. They should give me my money back, cuz now I cant play ranked in any games, because of lag.

Solution
Apr 23, 2020
You can try this, it helped me a lot (there was a noticeable increase in my frames)
Go to settings, then 'system', then 'display'
Under display, scroll down till you reach graphics settings snd click on it
then, select 'Classic App' (not universal) in the drop-down
after you've done that, press browse and select the game that you play.
Once thats done, select high performance instead of auto, and it should work