[SOLVED] Low internet speed but the tests go well

Oct 29, 2020
Hi guys, I have a problem and I am from Argentina. I have 300Mbps download and 17Mbps upload in my house, in the others computers it works just fine, like it should be. However, I can't reach these speeds, I am downloading at 800Kbps or less. I have tried veerything, I have deleted and reinstalled drivers, I have changed my ethernet cable, but I'm running out of ideas. What should I do? I've been thinking about deleting Windows 10 and intalling it again from the beginning. The next paragraph is the same thing that I've said here but in spanish

Hola chicos tengo un problema, soy de Argentina. Yo en mi casa tengo contratado un paquete de 300Mbps de bajada y 17Mbps de subida, en las demas computadoras la velocidad de descarga es de 20Mbps pero en la mia voy a 1Mbps o menos. Ya trate de hacer todo, instalar y desinstalar drivers, cambiar de cable, todo lo que se me ocurrio, pero me estoy quedando sin ideas. Saben cual puede ser el problema?

Solution
Before you install windows again, I would boot up a linux live cd/usb and see what speeds you get there. If your speeds are fine there, then it is a windows software issue. But if the speeds are still bad, it might be the hardware or something wrong on the network.
Oct 29, 2020
Yeah, I think the same as you. Speedtest and Fast (by Netflix) gave me these results, as you see I don't really know why the upload is so slow. Sometimes I get better results but it doesn't change the fact that I am downloading at 1Mbps or less. I have tried downloading things from Chrome, Epic Games, Steam and BattleNet and they all have the same slow speed (800Kbps)

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/690057005657882635/771508365415022642/Speedtest.jpeg Speedtest
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/690057005657882635/771508368476864542/Fast.jpeg Fast

Before you install windows again, I would boot up a linux live cd/usb and see what speeds you get there. If your speeds are fine there, then it is a windows software issue. But if the speeds are still bad, it might be the hardware or something wrong on the network.

Solution