Question Low Loading Speeds on High-ish End PC!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jan 3, 2020
So, I have recently upgraded my pc with a bunch of new parts, I have upgraded my;
  • Motherboard (Asus Prime B360M-A)
  • Graphics Card (RTX 2060 Super)
  • RAM ((8 x 2) Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4)
  • CPU (Intel i7-8700 4.2Ghz)
I have however stuck with my old AIO cooler and hard drives. I booted it up and had to reformat the drives to allow the computer to recognise the drives as usable. However, once the computer booted for the first time I realised it is extremely slow and on load, the system interrupts in task manager is at 100%, and my CPU is almost always at 20% utilisation while idle, then when I perform a small task like load file explorer the CPU utilisation goes straight up to 100%. The motherboard also has a flashing amber light, which I think means there is a hardware issue, but I would just like some help to figure out what I should do.

Last edited:
Tough one to call, pick out of CPU, motherboard, PSU. Ram seems unlikely both sticks went bad, and CPU's rarely fail but sometimes they do. I can't really tell you which one is to blame.

Did you try clearing the CMOS using the jumper on the motherboard? I'm thinking of a corrupted bios