Low Memory During GTA5 and other games (specs below)

Zappa88

Prominent
Feb 20, 2017
Hey guys I've come here for some help regarding PC gaming issues. I play a game called H1Z1 that frequently shuts down on me due to low memory and I've recently purchased GTA5 and it shuts down on me for the same reason (can't even get 10 minutes into GTA w/o it shutting down).

Specs:
Intel i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz
RAM 8 GB
GeForce GTX 970
Acer XG270HU 27" WQHD omidpx Gaming Display Monitor
Windows 7 SP1

I meet the specs of the games but it still gives me memory problems - do I need more RAM? Is my OS out of date?

On the task manager I found a couple processes I don't recognize nor can I end (Unable to Terminate Process - Access is denied.)
nvxdsync.exe
csrss.exe

Solution

Its a memory leak, GTA V has these, it unnecessarily stores unwanted data on RAM filling it up. I have a method for you to prevent the shut down: Try increasing the page file size of the drive where GTA V is stored. I don't know the steps in Windows 7, but google it and it will definitely help. The...

koreanoverlord

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013
This is most likely a software issue known as a memory leak. Something in your processes is using more and more memory the longer it is running.

An easy way to fix this would be to hit the windows key + r, then type in "msconfig", then selecting diagnostic startup. This will only load essential processes and services to your computer. Once you verify that the memory leak is gone you can reasonable processes and services one at a time until you find the culprit.

Zappa88

Prominent
Feb 20, 2017
Still looking for a solution for this problem. I know that 8 gigs of memory should be plenty for these games but I can't figure out what's taking up the memory during game play. I scanned for malware used ccleaner and adjusted my startup programs. I tried to do the solution above but there were only like 5 processes running during diagnostic startup. If anyone has any possible solutions or troubleshooting techniques I'd appreciate it.

Wite with problems

Commendable
Dec 25, 2016

Its a memory leak, GTA V has these, it unnecessarily stores unwanted data on RAM filling it up. I have a method for you to prevent the shut down: Try increasing the page file size of the drive where GTA V is stored. I don't know the steps in Windows 7, but google it and it will definitely help. The Page file might (just might) cause stutter in the game if the game really does have a memory leak.

Solution