Low Memory Warning Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoplait95

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013
Recently Windows has been closing my games and chrome due to a low memory prob?! 6 gigs of ram is more than enough for these applications. How do I go about turning off Windows ability to close apps open... Frustrating as hell when I'm coding in eclipse and then it just closes!

I have seen too many threads about this topic just dying from no one replying.

Any help is appreciated.

My System Specs:
MoBo: Asus M5A97 R2.0
CPU: FX-8320
PSU: Corsair CX750M
GPU: XFX 7850 DD 2gb x2 Xfired
RAM: Various - Kingston Hyperx Black 4gb 1600mhz (downclocked to 1333) / 1gb Samsung generic 1333mhz x2
HDD: Seagate 1tb 7200rpm 64mb cache
AMD Driver: 13.?official - 14.2beta

Have a look in Task Manager to see what you've got loaded.

Have a look in Control Panel, Uninstall Programs if there any programs that you know for sure you don't want and then uninstall them

And you should run a virus scan on your drive. I use Avast free download from CNET

Also having 2 different types of ram doesn't help. Get rid of some and install 8GB of the same ram.

Yoplait95

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013

Im experienced enough to know all that.. Im just stuck on how in the world this started happening. The mixed ram is of no affiliation, they are both downclocked to 1333mhz, as this is strictly Windows just closing things at random..

I run Malwarebytes at least once a month, and I use Avast.

Check the resoure monitor's memory tab. It's better than task manager. It sounds like one of two things.

1. A program has a memory leak. Restarting the program should release the memory.
2. A program is hitting the limits of windows handles or some other resource. This isn't technically "out of memory", but windows will toss this error out. For example a program may be allocating too many GDI resources and not releasing them.

Yoplait95

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013

As a reply to both Simo606 and Hawkeye, Increasing page cache seems to have worked, as I forgot I completely turned it off... I disabled it in hopes of getting a better benchmark score but hey at least my PC still works

Yoplait95

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013

It turned out to be an extension on chrome which was leaking horribly T_T I rewrote some of the code so its kkind of fixed.. and I reported it to the publisher.

missie4445

Reputable
Sep 19, 2014

How do I go about doing this? Mine is doing the same thing and I am also using Chrome.

Yoplait95

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013

This highly depends on your problem, to be honest I doubt it's chrome, I was just lucky enough to notice it was an indie plugin..

talsnoopy

Reputable
Dec 24, 2014
I monitor about 3 dozen of my older family's computers - NONE of us have Chrome installed (well, perhaps one or two), but this has suddenly started popping up on every computer - no matter how much RAM, how much spare hard drive space (virtual memory) ... there must be some kind of malware that, so far, no anti-virus, Malwarebytes or Spyhunter can find. I'm not geek enough to fix this kind of thing, but certainly wish to find a culprit to extinguish.

InternetRadioDJ

Commendable
Jul 27, 2016

Since no one seems to be replying with the CORRECT answer, here's what you need to do:

Go to Control panel, click on System, click advanced settings, and under Performance, click settings. Then under the performance options, click the advanced tab to change the amount of virtual memory.

Virtual memory is not the same as physical memory. Increase it to the max amount. The problem you are having seems to be caused by the amount of virtual memory set in your computer's configuration. It is not affected by RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.