Low Microphone Volume

Wolfstorm33

Reputable
Jan 4, 2016
My Microphone is close to silent when my headset mic is any further than 2 cm from my face. I'm trying to figure out what is causing this problem seeing as my microphone levels are set to 100 and my mic settings are on highest volume low pickup tolerance in platforms such as steam and discord. My friend has the same headset (steel series Siberia 650) and his voice comes through loud and clear with his microphone around 6-7 cm away from his mouth. I think there must be some kind of firmware or software on my PC that's suppressing the microphones volume.

Solution
Right click on the speakers icon in the system tray. Click on Recording Devices. Select your active microphone and click on properties. On the new window click on Levels. Make sure that your microphone is set to 100 and microphone boost is set to something like +20.0 dB, the voice should be loud and clear.
Mar 20, 2018
Right click on the speakers icon in the system tray. Click on Recording Devices. Select your active microphone and click on properties. On the new window click on Levels. Make sure that your microphone is set to 100 and microphone boost is set to something like +20.0 dB, the voice should be loud and clear.

Solution