Question Low nvme m.2 speed (Seagate Firecuda 520)

Sep 13, 2020
Hello.

My seagate firecuda 520 (500gb) has advertised speeds of 5000mb seq read and 2500mb seq write, I was achieving this until recently and now I get 2500mb read and 500mb write.

Updated to windows 2004 and then got 2500mb on both but back down to 500mb write again.

I have 300gb free on the drive.

Only had it for a month or two.

Crystaldisk info reports: 99% health, good, 42 degrees.

Crystal diskinfo was used to test speeds.

Thanks. Any ideas?

Can you examine CrystalDiskInfo report, and verify/confirm if it says PCI-e 3.0 (or 4.0)/x4 lanes?

And, if possible, use CrystalDiskMark default test, and post results of sequential reads/writes....

(when doing very large writes, once write cache saturated, write speeds will indeed drop down to standard SATA-like speeds like you are seeing, but, normally the CrystalDiskMark default tests will show good speeds for read/writes....)

Sep 13, 2020
Can you examine CrystalDiskInfo report, and verify/confirm if it says PCI-e 3.0 (or 4.0)/x4 lanes?

And, if possible, use CrystalDiskMark default test, and post results of sequential reads/writes....

(when doing very large writes, once write cache saturated, write speeds will indeed drop down to standard SATA-like speeds like you are seeing, but, normally the CrystalDiskMark default tests will show good speeds for read/writes....)

Im pretty sure it is 4.0 lanes.

I have a x570 plus motherboard.

I dont understand how it can go from 5000 read 2500 write to a test with 500 read and write before I turned off my pc for the day?

Is there anything I can do to remedy this lmao?