[SOLVED] Low OpenGL scores after upgrading to i7

Nov 26, 2018
Hi guys,

Did a little bit of tinkering with my build, and removed a g3258 which had been overclocked to 4.0ghz (2 core, 2 thread) to a i7 4770s (4c, 8t) as it was cheap. Yes I know I can't overclock it as it is an s but the issue is not with the CPU. Quick stats, 16gb, 64gb ssd (just swapped to sata 3 port instead of sata 2), 3td hdd, 500gb hdd, gtx960, win 10 pro n, stock cooler averaging about 52c.

Having run Cinebench, the CPU is a lot faster (hurrah) but the OpenGL frame rate has tanked from 68.5fps to 30.87fps. I have no idea what's causing it.

Drivers updated, mobo bios updated, nothing else is running, turned Vsync off in driver settings nad I've run it about 6 times including restarts and it's still the same. Removed one stick of ram to see if that's holding it back too, but no different, still roughly the same.

Does anyone have any ideas on what else to try?

Cheers

Nov 26, 2018
Thanks guys for your help. Unfortunately I took the nuclear option and reinstalled Windows. Luckily I have a small SSD so wasn't that much of a hassle, and Cinebench is now a lovely and toasty 110fps.

Definitely software related, no made any other changes in bios.

Thank you anyway!