Question Low performance for capable PC.

Jan 26, 2021
For some reason my pc started having performance issues and I don't know why. Whenever I play games like genshin or even minecraft im getting below 60 FPS. My specs are Ryzen 5 5600x 16gb Ram RTX 2070S. If anyone could help i'll greatly appreciate it.

Hey there,

What windows power plan is running? Try high performance profile and see if that works.

If you don't have the power plan, you can install by opening powershell, and pasting this: powercfg -duplicatescheme 8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c
Then press enter. Then you can select the plan and see if it helps.

Also, make sure your system/chipset drivers are all up to date.

Jan 26, 2021
Hey there,

What windows power plan is running? Try high performance profile and see if that works.

If you don't have the power plan, you can install by opening powershell, and pasting this: powercfg -duplicatescheme 8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c
Then press enter. Then you can select the plan and see if it helps.

Also, make sure your system/chipset drivers are all up to date.
Okay thanks, i will try this. My pc didn't have that power option so i will try the other solution.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jY7GK3 just to confirm my specs

Jan 26, 2021
the only power plan i have is balanced, power saver, and now high performance . Also when I check my cpu and gpu usage it seems to be fine, i dont know what happened. And to answer the question about me having this issue only on those games. It happens on almost every game and became very apparent to me and i tried to play the battlefield beta today and was getting 10 fps even on the lowest settings

What is your ambient room temperature?
Is it like 30C-35C ?
Your idle cpu temperatures are not very good (15C over ambient would be acceptable). But GPU idle temperatures are terrible.
Your pc doesn't get enough air intake. It's suffocating. Improve cooling of your pc.
If your pc has closed front, then get a case with mesh front.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead

TRENDING THREADS