Question Low performance in Battlefield 2042 on a 3080ti and I7 9700k

SgtWireless

Reputable
May 3, 2019
Im well aware this game has serious issues, but i feel like my pc should not be having this game dipping below 60 and stuttering as badly as it does, wondering if my pc has its own issues as well.
i have 16gb of ram at 3000mhz and the games installed onto a M.2 Drive

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Are you gaming using a wireless connection? Wireless is inherently slower and subject to interference from any number of sources.

Make and model modem, router, or modem/router if combined?

Environment: home, apartments, dorm?

Start by setting up a temporary wired connection and testing performance. May or may not improve.

SgtWireless

Reputable
May 3, 2019
Its windows 10 with 16gb of corsair vengence ram clocked at 3000mhz on an asus TUF gaming motherboard with an intel I7 9700k clocked to 4.48 wiht a MSI suprim RTX 3080ti stock clocks. its all wired and my internet is british telecom and its connected to the PC directly. its in my home, in a small room but i have windows next to it to provide air.

If you want more details ill be around. i swearw this rig is not giving me the performance it should do. I also have bitdefender premium installed.

Its windows 10 with 16gb of corsair vengence ram clocked at 3000mhz on an asus TUF gaming motherboard with an intel I7 9700k clocked to 4.48 wiht a MSI suprim RTX 3080ti stock clocks. its all wired and my internet is british telecom and its connected to the PC directly. its in my home, in a small room but i have windows next to it to provide air.

If you want more details ill be around. i swearw this rig is not giving me the performance it should do. I also have bitdefender premium installed.
Go to userbenchmark.com and download and run the test. Link the results here. Make sure to turn off gsync and disable any overlays before running the test.

SgtWireless

Reputable
May 3, 2019
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51224395
not really sure what to make of this, also it says im missing an SSD, but i have the OS on a M.2 drive so i have no idea. someone more techinical minded should take a look and tell me if somethings off.
Actually looking at this it says my GPU is underperforming, im not sure if thats a result of the lack of overclocking on it. i did have a GPU die in this rig before

Last edited:

SgtWireless

Reputable
May 3, 2019
further info, my GPU temps and CPU temps are all well within normal parameters,i have water cooling on my CPU and i never see anything above 75c with this CPU and certainly not with Battlefield 2042.

SgtWireless

Reputable
May 3, 2019
i got 3 of the 8 cores hitting 100% usage but the usage for the reest of them is pegged under that. and its completely random. my CPU is well above the reccomended spec for this game. max temps hit was 80c on one core

Sep 2, 2022
It's 100% the 9700k. I couldn't break 90fps avg no matter what settings or resolutions I tried with a 9700k and 3090. I was also getting lows into 30's during some gunfights ehoch makes it impossible to snipe. I upgraded to a 12700k and DDR5 and now get 140-150 avg with lows in the 110's at 3840x1600 on medium and DLSS perf.