Question Low performance issues with Ryzen 7 1800X + 1080ti Founders Edition ?

Feb 27, 2021
Cpu: ryzen 1800x 3.8 with wraith cooler I believe
Gpu: Founders edition 1080ti
Case: nzxt with 6 fans, 4 blowing ,2 exhaust
Ram: have tried 16gb 3200mzh of what should be pictured and currently have 32gb of adata xpg d10 3000mhz running at stock 2666mzh because when I have 4 sticks in for some reason xmp won’t work and never boots up.
Motherboard: asus b450-f
Psu: 650w

Don’t remember the PSU brand but I did recently try to install a 750w Corsair module and the pc wouldn’t boot. I narrowed it down to seeming something to do with the sata connector cord( the one that plugs into the psu and has 3 sata ends which I connected to the external ssd, hdd, and the module in the back the fans are connected to.) but it just wouldn’t boot and when you unhooked all 3 of the Satas from it it would boot but to a screen saying it was missing components or some [removed, bad language] like that.

My main issue though is it don’t seem to perform as well as it should based off benchmarks on other videos. I mainly play warzone, valorant, and Cold War and valorant seems to run okay at 200+ FPS but other games like Cold War and specifically warzone run like [removed, bad language]. Firstly the game Micro stutters like crazy when moving your mouse( yes I’ve tried multiple mouses, mousepads. And in warzone for example I feel like it’s getting way lower FPS then it should as well going anywhere from 80-120 max and I have some things turned down like shadows to low, ambient occlusion off, ssr to off or low but I’ve watched videos of a guy playing at 1440p max settings and was getting around 80-90 so it just don’t add up to me.

The kicker is I popped in a 2080ti before I sold it the other day and was literally performing the same with the same micro stutters and basically the same FPS didn’t seem like it went up at all. Temps are fine I ran prime95 and was maxing the cores out and then I ran furmark since heaven wouldn’t work for some reason would instantly uninstall when trying to launch it, I’m not seeing a way to post the screen shots from those tests but I just can’t figure out what the issue could be ?

That’s not a fix to whatever issue might be going on and if a 2080ti didn’t help and performed worst in it I doubt that would help anyway.
What resolution are you playing at? What settings? You can't really pair a 2080 ti with a first gen Ryzen and expect great performance, the 1800x was a great cpu when it came out for productivity type of stuff

That’s not a fix to whatever issue might be going on and if a 2080ti didn’t help and performed worst in it I doubt that would help anyway.
Have a look at this CPU scaling article from Techspot. Your 2080 ti is basically the same performance as a RTX 3070 (roughly) and the 1800x is only slightly faster at gaming than a 1600X

Look at the 1600x numbers. They don't really improve with anything faster than a 5700XT at 1080p

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2021
Have a look at this CPU scaling article from Techspot. Your 2080 ti is basically the same performance as a RTX 3070 (roughly) and the 1800x is only slightly faster at gaming than a 1600X

Look at the 1600x numbers. They don't really improve with anything faster than a 5700XT

I play at 1920x1080p but on a 2560x1080p monitor I get the same results just about, and I have a 1080ti in it I was just saying when I tried a 2080ti instead it literally got around the same if not worst FPS. I’ve seen videos on what this combination can achieve and it’s way better then anything I’m getting close to.

I play at 1920x1080p but on a 2560x1080p monitor I get the same results just about, and I have a 1080ti in it I was just saying when I tried a 2080ti instead it literally got around the same if not worst FPS. I’ve seen videos on what this combination can achieve and it’s way better then anything I’m getting close to.
Do you have the latest graphics drivers installed? You can also try setting your ram speed to 2933Mhz in the bios as this is the highest officially supported speed for your CPU.

Feb 27, 2021
Do you have the latest graphics drivers installed? You can also try setting your ram speed to 2933Mhz in the bios as this is the highest officially supported speed for your CPU.
That shouldn’t make it stutter in games the way it does though, I previously had 16gb at 3200 as well and there wasn’t any changes then. Wouldn’t the cpu need to be hitting high 90’s to 100% utilization to be considered bottlenecking? Because it don’t do that while gaming don’t even come close the same with the 1080ti, when I ran the benchmark tests they did go to 100% which shows they are capable and the wattage overal during the furmark test said the board power was only at 214.9w so no where near the 650w mark.

There have been a lot of posts about low fps with Warzone on here. To get get high fps I think you need a real high-end system, it clearly isn't a well optimised game, although I have never played it personally.