Question Low performance with the Laptop for no reason ?

Sep 21, 2023
So I was playing Apex and suddenly my laptop fans started to go crazy like 5-6k rpm. And after that whatever I play I get low fps. I restored the system to earlier date northing happened updated the graphics driver etc. still the same. Some people say its because pc is overheating but I tried to run games again after hours when pc is cooled but still the same issue. This happened before but only a clean windows install fixed this do you know any other solution. Laptop is Acer Nitro 5 -i5 11th gen-rtx3060. Please help this is driving me crazy. I did a clean install again and for one day I get good performance and after one night when I try to run something again low fps. And It's only in games whatever I do in desktop or chrome its running fine.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

updated the graphics driver etc.
Use DDU to remove all GPU drivers then manually reinstall with the latest driver reversion sourced from Nvidia's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Prior to removing your GPU drivers, I'd also see if your laptop is pending any BIOS updates, then follow through to see if your OS is pending any updates.

Reactions: Thundersturk