Question Low profile gpus

kurulay5

Honorable
Sep 17, 2018
Hi again.
Basically because prebuilds my psu is absolute garbage and has no extra power cables
It's 500 watts
Basically I need to know what the best gpu I can get that dosnt require an extra power cable.
I already have the ryzen 5 2400g so I obviously need a card that's more powerful than the vega 11 igpu
I also have some preferences if that's ok
4gb vram
GDDR5
Have DVI (you can't even trust your monitor on a pre build)
Other than that I need a decently cheap one so I can buy a second hand one for alot cheaper

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
What model is your PSU, specifically? Plenty junk PSUs out there that, despite claiming "500W", couldn't be trusted to adequately power a lamp, let alone a GPU.
If your "500W" doesn't have even a single 6pin PCIe connector, it's safe to assume it's not actually capable of "500w".

For the strongest GPU that doesn't require additional PCIe connectors, you're left with a GTX 1050TI.

A 1050 is an option too, but it's a substantially weaker GPU.

Reactions: kurulay5

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Until Nvidia releases their Turing replacement to the GTX 1050 Ti, it is the fastest card you can buy that requires no 6-pin.
Btw, that must be a pretty poor quality "500W" PSU to not have any 6-pin connectors. Are you sure they aren't just stuffed out of sight?

kurulay5

Honorable
Sep 17, 2018

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Hummm... without seeing the nameplate specs, I'm not sure it can even run the GTX 1050 Ti safely. Check the +12V rails specs. See if it gives an amps (A) or watts (W) rating for that rail alone. I suspect you'll be fine, but just want to be safe. I think I see it listed as 22 amps available at the +12V rail. Verify that please. If so, you'll be OK with that PSU and the GTX 1050 Ti (no 6-pin).