Question Low-Profile Water Block?

Lutfij

Titan
Define low profile. Once you go custom level watercooling, you eventually end up with a 1 slot card...in some situations a 1.5 slot card(with block slapped onto it). Are you referring to another axis, in terms of low profile? Also, what GPU are you working with? Not all blocks will fit every card, due to clearance issues on PCB's from one AIB maker to the next.

Brian McG

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2015
Define low profile. Once you go custom level water-cooling, you eventually end up with a 1 slot card...in some situations a 1.5 slot card (with block slapped onto it). Are you referring to another axis, in terms of low profile? Also, what GPU are you working with? Not all blocks will fit every card, due to clearance issues on PCB's from one AIB maker to the next.
I am looking for a means of cooling ANY low-profile graphics card - something like a GTX1650 or RX6400. The availability of a cooler will determine the choice of GPU. It's mainly an appearance thing. I'm not after a super high-end card - just one I can use at 1080p.

I will be using a custom water block and radiator for the CPU. So, I thought why not look at the possibility of including the GPU in the loop. I could easily use the fans on the GPU to do the job. I am also aware I could use a miniature GPU that cools the GPU chip only and use heat sinks on the GPU's VRMs - but they don't look too attractive.

It will be in a low-profile case of 7.5Litres of my own design. The GPU, radiator fan and radiator will effectively be in the open air. So, will not contribute any heat to the inside of the case. The motherboard, pump, four hot-swappable SSDs and twin 260W fan-less PSUs, will be cooled by two 80mm fans at the side of the M/B.

It is not a gaming PC. It is essentially a Workstation/Server. I used to use ASCII Text Games on Mini-computers but gave up gaming when Doom first came out. I have never gamed on a PC - unless you count Solitaire!

The case will have a clear acrylic top separated for an aluminium base by 80mm advertising standoffs. Th GPU will be at the opposite of the case from the case fans. So, it will effectively be in the open air and highly visible. The front of the case will have the PSUs with SSDs above and a thick 120mm radiator and high-pressure fan alongside.

Ar