[SOLVED] Low RAM on higher-level PC?

Apr 29, 2020
I have a build arriving soon, Ryzen 5 3600x, b450 tomahawk and RX 5700 xt. The memory, 2x8GB ddr4 will be arriving a couple weeks later. Using a previous 8GB PC3 from an older build in the new machine, will I experience harsh bottlenecking? Or should I just wait the couple weeks to avoid complications? Anyone have any experience with a similar scenario? Thanks!

Solution
I have a build arriving soon, Ryzen 5 3600x, b450 tomahawk and RX 5700 xt. The memory, 2x8GB ddr4 will be arriving a couple weeks later. Using a previous 8GB PC3 from an older build in the new machine, will I experience harsh bottlenecking? Or should I just wait the couple weeks to avoid complications? Anyone have any experience with a similar scenario? Thanks!
Please clarify, do you actually mean PC3 memory (DDR3)? If so, it won't fit that DDR4 board.

RealBeast

Titan
Please clarify, do you actually mean PC3 memory (DDR3)? If so, it won't fit that DDR4 board.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS