Score 1024- stock everything

I have a B450-f Asus motherboard
2x8 3200mhz Ddr4
H150i cooler

Whats going on> Its at stock 3.6ghz

SkyRock1986

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
Turn off xmp is my suggestion. If you want to overclock your ram do so manually with your timings. RAM is not something you want to just "auto" overclock. There is no hot key or quick way to overclock ram and be stable.

talem84

Prominent
Mar 18, 2019
Turn off xmp is my suggestion. If you want to overclock your ram do so manually with your timings. RAM is not something you want to just "auto" overclock. There is no hot key or quick way to overclock ram and be stable.

right... but that has nothing to do with my 2600x score being extreamly low

XMP is usually a generally accepted way if overclocking ram, as it's not really an oc, but just running it at it's rated speed. Its possible it may be unstable, try and run a memtest to be sure. Use the ram troubleshooting guide here on the forum if it has errors. You may need to very slightly increase voltage. But xmp is usually good at what it is.

Make sure all unnecessary background processes are closed and not running. Try running a few(3-4) passes and average your score. Make sure all your drivers are up to date as well as Windows. Double check temps and make sure all is good there and your not throttling. Try and run a memtest and make sure the ram is not throwing errors, ram errors will usually be associated with bsods(my experience) but not always.

Apr 4, 2019
I average out at about 1440 for Cinebench R15. That's with a Ryzen 5 2600 @4.2GHz. That runs a bit hot, but it's stable. So I think you shouldn't have any problems matching that with some tuning. Once again, Cinebench is a very subjective synthetic benchmark. It gives a reference, but it's not set in stone.

talem84

Prominent
Mar 18, 2019
I average out at about 1440 for Cinebench R15. That's with a Ryzen 5 2600 @4.2GHz. That runs a bit hot, but it's stable. So I think you shouldn't have any problems matching that with some tuning. Once again, Cinebench is a very subjective synthetic benchmark. It gives a reference, but it's not set in stone.
im only getting around 1211 at 4ghz. and 1024 at stock speeds. what am I doing wrong ?

Apr 4, 2019
I can verify what Finstar is saying. If you have anything running such as a web browser, or Steam, or your Logitech mouse software, etc, that can take small bites out of your score. I would shut down any unnecessary programs and run it a couple more times. You could have a RAM issue, but it would be best to check with this simple solution first. If you want to check your RAM, you can use MemTest86. Link below:

talem84

Prominent
Mar 18, 2019
I can verify what Finstar is saying. If you have anything running such as a web browser, or Steam, or your Logitech mouse software, etc, that can take small bites out of your score. I would shut down any unnecessary programs and run it a couple more times. You could have a RAM issue, but it would be best to check with this simple solution first. If you want to check your RAM, you can use MemTest86. Link below:

so after a fresh install of Windows. I got 1340 which is extreamly better and more appropriate.

Apr 5, 2019
so after a fresh install of Windows. I got 1340 which is extreamly better and more appropriate.
You might want to check your clock speeds on individual cores as well (Ryzen master actually has a pretty simple GUI for this). Most CPU's set to stock will only boost on a couple of cores to save on thermals, where as manually overclocked processors will keep that speed on all cores all the time
You'll obviously get a slightly lower score while you're doing this, but you'll be able to see if you're actually using 100% of your CPU's capability.

Reactions: Seregil Landry