low score on 3dmark vantage whit HD4870x2

Dahl

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
hi

i got a HD4870x2 and im just getting 12000 Gpu score on 3dmark vantage :??:
and i have seen they who get 16000 points.....
i have the newest drivers and i have tryed whit older drivers to,
i have tryd to overclock it but i will just get a 100 points more...
can someone help me?????

------------------------
Asus M3N-HD/HDMI
AMD Phenom 9850 BE
Radeon HD4870x2
super talent 2Gb ddr2
------------------------

Uhm... nForce 750 chipset with Crossfire... They don't have a nice relationship, u know...

See if there's a BIOS update or something for that. Also, u have a Phenom with 2GB. What's your Phenom/RAM speed atm?

Esop!

Catalyst version? OS u're using? RAM timings?

And your Phenom is kinda slow IMO. What cooling solution u have for it? I mean, with a MaxOrb u can get 3.4Ghz with no sweat. Also, play with your RAM FSB and your HT link multi and speed so u can squeeze more from your Phenom BE.

Esop!

Dahl

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
CCC is 8.8
windows vista x32
ram timings are 4-4-3-8
and my phenom is 3.0Ghz not 2.9Ghz

i have tryd to overclock my phenom more but it wont go higher...

What's you HT link speed and multi?

Well, to OC a little more your Phenom, i'd say go to the Overclockers sub forum. There are some guru's with years of exp XD

Cause it's not a video card problem at all, it's the rest of it :p

And try to get Catalyst 8.6 + hot fixes. For what i read, they are working very well so far, and 8.7 and 8.8 are sluggish.

Esop!

EDIT: Spelling :p

Dahl

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
ok

HT link 200
multi 15
that works best for me

but i have seen on futuremarks website they who have the same processor at 2,5 and and still they get 15000-16000 points

Uhm... What do you have on your background running while doing the tests?

Clean Windows install with the card? Where did you upgrade from, an nVidia card? Did you uninstall the older drivers properly?

Esop!

Dahl

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
i have a clean windows installed and i had 8800GT SLI befor and nothing is running in the background.

I'd blame the 750i chipset actually, but i really don't know what could be the issue... Seriously...

If u were able to get the 4870X2, can u change your MoBo and get a little more RAM? Get a 790FX chipset (DFI and Asus are my favorite choice) with 2 more Gigs IMO.

Now, if you don't want to, u can keep trying with your current rig. Run Driver Cleaner and see what it says.

Esop!

Dahl

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
its 750a chipset not 750i :kaola: i have tryed driver cleaner... IF i buy a new mobo whit 790FX chipset how sure are you that i will get beter performance??

The 790FX is supposedly to be the best chipset for OCing the Phenom out there. So it might not impact the chipset-video card combo alone, but the whole system performance. On your specific question of "what do i get", i actually don't know for sure, lol. Also, going the 64Bit way with the 4870X2 could be a good choice, since you have 2GB and the X2 has 2GB and 32Bit OS'es only see 4GB max (3.5GB actually).

Letme do some searching about that issue and i'll post later on.

Esop!

Dahl

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
i have tryed to play crysis and i playd it a little better then when i had 8800GT SLI.... and i compared my rig to others rig on futuremarks website and many of them hadd lower cpu score but higer Gpu score but all of them had better 3dmark score go and see for you self if you dont belive me...

Dahl

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
yea no AA or somthing like that... do you have any clue what could be wrong??? is there any settings in catalyst that i have to turn on ot somthing like that??

terror112

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2006
Did u disable v-sync in CCC? remember to also disable all AA and AF options in the CCC because it enables it by default.. That got me another 2k points for doing that.

L1qu1d

Splendid
Sep 29, 2007
3dmark is CPU influenced, and 3Dmark Vantage is CPU and Physx Influenced...so I wouldn't worry about it.

As long as your getting good frames in regular be happy and move on, 3dMark is just a way of showing off your e-penis, not a form of entertainment.

Yeah, I totally forgot about CCC AA, V-Sync and AF!

If you have them on, and tell Crysis (or the other games) to use AA also, it's going to be doing double work!

Check that and re run the tests. It's not a hard thing to find on the CCC.

Esop!