[SOLVED] Low scores on GPU benchmark

Solution
A fast google search told me 79 fps on Cyberpunk 1440 ultra, and that is exactly what I had roaming the city earlier today with ultra raytracing, my GPU is not overclocked.. I tried +100 +500 in afterburner not long ago and it was like 5fps and alot of noise, didnt seem to be worth it

I have a 3080 and when I tried overclocking I came to the same conclusion, the extra heat and noise wasn’t worth the tiny performance gain. However I have recently tried undervolting and had good success reducing temperature with no noticeable performance loss.
A lot of people run benchmarks multiple times when overclocking. Your results will be compared to people overclocking. Let’s say you run it 1 or 2 times, someone overclocking may run it 10-20 times and the results skewed by their overclock. Your results look acceptable, how does your game FPS compare to reviews of the 3080Ti?

Reactions: nabgilgaming
Aug 9, 2021
A fast google search told me 79 fps on Cyberpunk 1440 ultra, and that is exactly what I had roaming the city earlier today with ultra raytracing, my GPU is not overclocked.. I tried +100 +500 in afterburner not long ago and it was like 5fps and alot of noise, didnt seem to be worth it

I have a 3080 and when I tried overclocking I came to the same conclusion, the extra heat and noise wasn’t worth the tiny performance gain. However I have recently tried undervolting and had good success reducing temperature with no noticeable performance loss.

Reactions: nabgilgaming
Solution
:ROFLMAO:
Aright thank you, dont think I have any immediate need of unervolting, but I keep that in mind when and if I spend alot of time in demanding games :)
I’ve had the 3080 since launch (very lucky) and didn’t have a need to undervolt as temps were safe. However I have the pc under the desk and it would heat up the air around my feet quite a lot. Now in summer I decided to try and it made a noticeable difference to gpu temperature but also reducing the temperature of the air around my feet :ROFLMAO:

TRENDING THREADS