Question Low space HDD corrupting files but not showing errors

obduvi22

Reputable
Jun 16, 2018
My 3TB Seagate HDD has about 400GB left in storage, but when I try to download or add something to it, it'll corrupt that file and won't let me do it anything with it. When said file is being read the disk usage goes up to 100% with no Reading/Writing speed, it just hangs. Checked it with CrystalDiskInfo and it says is at risk, with 97 uncorrectable sectors. When I try to run chkdsk it wont give any errors, every other software I use tells me there are no errors in this disk, even the SeaTools software.

USAFRet

Titan
My 3TB Seagate HDD has about 400GB left in storage, but when I try to download or add something to it, it'll corrupt that file and won't let me do it anything with it. When said file is being read the disk usage goes up to 100% with no Reading/Writing speed, it just hangs. Checked it with CrystalDiskInfo and it says is at risk, with 97 uncorrectable sectors. When I try to run chkdsk it wont give any errors, every other software I use tells me there are no errors in this disk, even the SeaTools software.
Ignoring what any software says, what is your fallback position if this drive dies in the next 5 minutes?

TRENDING THREADS