Low Space Low Memory

I was wondering why I got the following message when trying to go to my
Inbox I have enough space and I have 352 MB Ram?
Sol

I was wondering why I got the following message when trying to go to my
Inbox I have enough space and I have 352 MB Ram?
Sol Folder could not be displayed
I was wondering why I got the following message when trying to go to my
Inbox I have enough space and I have 352 MB Ram?
Sol Folder could not be displayed

Outlook Express could not open this folder.

----

Possible causes are:

Low disk space.

Low memory.

Outlook Express

Inside Outlook Express - Error Messages:
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/problems/errors.htm
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> I was wondering why I got the following message when trying to go to my
> Inbox I have enough space and I have 352 MB Ram?
> Sol Folder could not be displayed
> I was wondering why I got the following message when trying to go to my
> Inbox I have enough space and I have 352 MB Ram?
> Sol Folder could not be displayed
>
> Outlook Express could not open this folder.

> ----
>
> Possible causes are:
>
> Low disk space.
>
> Low memory.
>

> Outlook Express

Thank you for your reply. The link that you send me does not list my
problem.
Solomon
> Inside Outlook Express - Error Messages:
> http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/problems/errors.htm
> --
> Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>

> "Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >

> > I was wondering why I got the following message when trying to go to my
> > Inbox I have enough space and I have 352 MB Ram?
> > Sol Folder could not be displayed
> > I was wondering why I got the following message when trying to go to my
> > Inbox I have enough space and I have 352 MB Ram?
> > Sol Folder could not be displayed
> >
> > Outlook Express could not open this folder.

> > ----
> >
> > Possible causes are:
> >
> > Low disk space.
> >
> > Low memory.
> >

> > Outlook Express

Not your exact error message, no....but it does explain the common causes of similar
errors, and proposes some procedures to fix corrupted folders, which may be the
problem at the root of your error. Read and apply......
--

> Thank you for your reply. The link that you send me does not list my
> problem.
> Solomon
> > Inside Outlook Express - Error Messages:
> > http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/problems/errors.htm
> > --
> > Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
> > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> >

> > "Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > >

> > > I was wondering why I got the following message when trying to go to my
> > > Inbox I have enough space and I have 352 MB Ram?
> > > Sol Folder could not be displayed
> > > I was wondering why I got the following message when trying to go to my
> > > Inbox I have enough space and I have 352 MB Ram?
> > > Sol Folder could not be displayed
> > >
> > > Outlook Express could not open this folder.

> > > ----
> > >
> > > Possible causes are:
> > >
> > > Low disk space.
> > >
> > > Low memory.
> > >

> > > Outlook Express

Have you checked the DBX folder of the group you were in during
the error?
Sometimes these get too full and refuse to collect more info, emptying them
is the only way.
The message you get is exactly the message if this is the case.

...Rex..

> Not your exact error message, no....but it does explain the common causes
of similar
> errors, and proposes some procedures to fix corrupted folders, which may
be the
> problem at the root of your error. Read and apply......
> --
> Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>

> "Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Thank you for your reply. The link that you send me does not list my
> > problem.
> > Solomon
> > "glee" <glee29@spamindspring.com> wrote in message
> > > Inside Outlook Express - Error Messages:
> > > http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/problems/errors.htm
> > > --
> > > Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
> > > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> > >

> > > "Solkeys" <solkeys@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > --

I gotta ask... Just how big is too big for DBX files? How "full" is "too
full"?

What's true is that DBX files are prone to corruption, whether it's a
huge one that's over three years old or a tiny one that you just created
last week. But a DBX file is *always* "full." Full of records. You
compact the folders to get rid of empty records.

But getting back to the original question: How big or how "full" is too
big (or too "full"?) Do you have any examples we could chew on? Myself,
in my main Identity, I have 246 DBX files, the largest being 240MB
(containing over 11,000 email messages.) I'm religious about maintenance
(compacting folders) but do not allow any background maintenance. I
spend probably 40% of my waking hours using OE, and my error rate is
about once a year I have some problem with a single DBX file that
requires fixing.

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User

> I gotta ask... Just how big is too big for DBX files? How "full" is "too
> full"?

Not real sure gary, but I do know for a fact that this does occur,
experience being the teacher.

...Rex..