[SOLVED] low unigine heaven score on a 2080/i9

Jan 10, 2020
I have been looking at some users heaven scores and I have noticed, even those with an i7/1080 not overclocked get higher scores than me. I'm not super into computers so sorry if I used any incorrect terms in this post but I did my best to give all the info needed, thanks in advance!
--------------------------------------------------------
Unigine Heaven Benchmark 4.0

FPS: 171
Score: 4324
Min FPS: 9.5
Max FPS: 355.6

System
Platform: Windows NT 6.2 (build 9200) 64bit
CPU model: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz (3599MHz) x8
GPU model: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 26.21.14.4187 (4095MB) x1

Settings
Render: Direct3D11
Mode: 1600x900 8xAA windowed
Preset Extreme
Geekbench 4 (CPU): https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/15122625
CPU Temperature :
30°C with only chrome open
40°C while running the heaven benchmark

GPU Temperature:
39°C with only chrome open
62°C while running the heaven benchmark

Motherboard Temperature:
26°C with only chrome open
26°C while running the heaven benchmark
(temps from speccy)
System:
CPU: Intel Core i9-9900k CPU @3.60GHz - View: https://imgur.com/ZGRWn6U

Motherboard: TUF ZS90-PLUS GAMING ASUSTek
Memory: DDR4 32Gbytes Dual Channel DRAM Frequency 1600.1 MHz
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Video Card

Jan 10, 2020
Nothing really stands out, but I know you didn't use the correct settings in Heaven Benchmark - but you also don't know what settings the other users applied either, right?
People usually included their settings in their post which I would then replicate in my unigine heaven and still get lower results despite the seemingly better system, but I would not be surprised if I could have been messing something up

Jan 10, 2020
Just found out it's unigine Heaven that has a bug and only showing 4GB VRAM. Your GPU is fine :D My bad sorry.
Oh well atleast it is reassuring knowing my gpu is fine, as Phaaze was pointing out I was most likely just messing something up with my settings since nothing really stands out

Oh well atleast it is reassuring knowing my gpu is fine, as Phaaze was pointing out I was most likely just messing something up with my settings since nothing really stands out

Your system looks fine to me so far. Keep doing test and if you see any real fps difference in games compared to people with the same CPU and GPU as you come back here and let us know. :)

Reactions: radarhz

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I run Heaven Benchmark from time to time - you really need to run this custom preset:
API: DirectX 11
Quality: Ultra
Tessellation: Extreme
Stereo 3D: Disabled
Multi-monitor: Disabled
Anti-aliasing: x8
Full Screen: Check
Resolution: Monitor's native

The only difference between this and the Extreme preset is the use of full screen and the resolution, but the impact on the gpu is completely different.