Question low upload speed on windows 10 but normal upload speed on booted linux and phone

Mar 19, 2021
so recently i found out that my pc is experiencing a very low upload speed. i do my speed tests in google.com and on my pc, i'm getting around 100 mbps download speed and 2 - 20 mbps upload speed. i was asked to boot linux from a usb to do a speedtest there and surprisingly, i'm getting 100 mbps download speed and 100 mbps upload speed. getting very good results on my phone as well

i've tried wiping my hard drive completely and reinstalled windows 10 and i'm still experiencing the same low upload speed. i'm very convinced that there's some built in windows program or settings that's limiting my upload speed somehow, but i just can't figure it out for so long... i hope someone could help me out here 😢

kanewolf

Titan
so recently i found out that my pc is experiencing a very low upload speed. i do my speed tests in google.com and on my pc, i'm getting around 100 mbps download speed and 2 - 20 mbps upload speed. i was asked to boot linux from a usb to do a speedtest there and surprisingly, i'm getting 100 mbps download speed and 100 mbps upload speed. getting very good results on my phone as well

i've tried wiping my hard drive completely and reinstalled windows 10 and i'm still experiencing the same low upload speed. i'm very convinced that there's some built in windows program or settings that's limiting my upload speed somehow, but i just can't figure it out for so long... i hope someone could help me out here 😢
You will have to start by listing your PC hardware.

Mar 19, 2021
You will have to start by listing your PC hardware.
oh right, sorry

here:
PBEUOsv.png

Mar 19, 2021
If you have Asus AI Suite installed, it might be the problem. It may have a network piece that limits upload to prioritize game traffic. Or any other software that is intended to prioritize network traffic.
hmm.. i don't see any programs like that, i'm still on a fresh install of windows 10 so i've yet to install much apart from the windows updates and the drivers from windows update