Question Low upload speed

Malikboi_

Reputable
Feb 9, 2017
Hello,

I will just get to the point.
I have 2 different ISPs in my house
One of them is giving low upload speed while its download speed is quite high. (150mbps down and 5mbps)

I am using an CAT6 ethernet cable so it should not be an issue and the other ISP has absolutely no problems.
Also,I think this very low upload speed is affecting my gaming sessions and just general connectivity of my internet.
There are times when my ping just shoots upto 250 and voice breaks in discord as well as problem loading pages. It lasts for like 10 seconds and happens every 5-10 minutes.

Is there an issue with my computer ??
I do not know for sure because I do not change any settings in my network settings when I connect to my other ISP

Thank you for the help :D

gggplaya

Distinguished
150mbps down and 5mbps up is normal for a cable internet provider.

Fiber tends to be symmetrical where download with match upload. But for most other internet service, upload speeds of 5-10mbps is normal for most plans.

I would try two things. One, run packetlosstest.com on the 1080p setting when you're having problems and watch for any late or lost packets.

Two, I would boot a linux live cd and repeat the test there if you have any packet late/loss.

Malikboi_

Reputable
Feb 9, 2017
150mbps down and 5mbps up is normal for a cable internet provider.

Fiber tends to be symmetrical where download with match upload. But for most other internet service, upload speeds of 5-10mbps is normal for most plans.
I live in India and it is absolutely nowhere normal to have that much difference in upload and download speed.
10-20mbps is normal but not by this margin, my other ISP has a plan of 200Mbps and both up and down speed are around 190ish.

Also it is an fibre connection so I thought I should ask on this forum as some technician came and said there's no issue on backend as well as in the router.

I would try two things. One, run packetlosstest.com on the 1080p setting when you're having problems and watch for any late or lost packets.

Two, I would boot a linux live cd and repeat the test there if you have any packet late/loss.
I checked from the site and here is the Result.

I think it's just on the side of ISP because for the one whole day the packet loss did not happen and then again same issue but little bit less frequent.
But the ISP is just too lazy to fix it I guess I might just remove this thing from my house.

Any other tips would be very helpful !!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS