I am getting a pop up that says because my virtural memory is low, some
programs will not be accepted. I did correct this, but now it's back again.
It seems I do have enough memory.

What did you do to correct the problem in the first place? And, what seems
like enough memory to you? If you have 256mb try 512mb... Is windows managing
your VM settings or did you manually configure them?

j;-)

"brightson" wrote:

> I am getting a pop up that says because my virtural memory is low, some
> programs will not be accepted. I did correct this, but now it's back again.
> It seems I do have enough memory.

Bright

Your hard drive is slowly filling up.. look ot clean out some stuff or get a
larger drive..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"brightson" <brightson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am getting a pop up that says because my virtural memory is low, some
> programs will not be accepted. I did correct this, but now it's back
> again.
> It seems I do have enough memory.

Jim

> Bright
>
> Your hard drive is slowly filling up.. look ot clean out some stuff or get
> a larger drive..
>
> --
> Mike Hall
> MVP - Windows Shell/User
>

> "brightson" <brightson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I am getting a pop up that says because my virtural memory is low, some
>> programs will not be accepted. I did correct this, but now it's back
>> again.
>> It seems I do have enough memory.

Just to expand on what Mike said:

One result of a full or nearly full disk is that the pagefile cannot be
expanded. The pagefile allows a virtual memory system to pretend that it
has far more memory than it really does.
If your pagefile needs to be bigger, but the amount of free space does not
allow this, the result is that operating system cannot expand virtual memory
as needed.
Hence, if your disk to too close to being full, your get a message that your
virtual memory is low.
Jim