Low Volume with Win 7, Will buying soundcard help?

Will buying soundcard help in low volume in Windows 7?

• Total voters

wilem_WAR246810

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009
This is driving me crazy! I recently upgraded to Windows 7, but afterwards the volume of my onboard audio sucks! Its ok for my speakers bcoz they're naturally louder but my headphones aren't anymore, my headphones are loud with my cellphone and with Windows XP but not in 7! If u look in the internet, many have the same problem, I've tried almost everything from turning on/off loudness equalization, playing with equalizer, trying all sample rates, making sure EVERYTHING is at max volume, EVERY MEDIA PLAYER in MAX volume even if closed, upgrade drivers, tried SRS Audio Sandbox but it only made it sound good but not really a lot louder

I am thinking of buying a cheap CMI8738 PCI sound card, is that chipset any good compared to onboard audio? u guyz think that give will provide better volume than my onboard audio(bcoz I hav Windows 7 making it less loud)?

otherwise, atleast think of another way of getting around dis volume problem.

Have you installed the latest Win7/Vista drivers for your on-board sound? My board has RealTek on-board sound, and I was able to go to the RealTek website and find later drivers than were at the board mfrs' website.

wilem_WAR246810

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009
I downloaded drivers straight from Realtek website, tried both the AC 97 and the High Definition Audio codecs and still low volume.

I also tried using mp3gain to increase volume of my mp3 files but that only made my files have clipping if I increase it to somewhat acceptable values.

Switching the type of device from 'Front Speaker Out' to 'Headphones' helped but volume is still too low

wilmonch

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012

hi wilem did this problem solved already? we have the same problem... hope you can help me :) thanks

karansharma

Honorable
May 8, 2013
@ wilem_WAR246810 : I'm also facing the same problem. Can you please tell me which sound card are you using at present.

karansharma

Honorable
May 8, 2013
@ wilem_WAR246810 : I'm also facing the same problem. Can you please tell me which sound card are you using at present.

wilem_WAR246810

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009

that PC is my older secondary media center now, I'll get to you after I check it but it's just an ordinary cheap kind of soundcard, I think it was intex with ugh CMI8738 chipset