[SOLVED] Lower default volume for Bluetooth headphones in Windows 10?

Mr Drummer

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2015
I just bought a Wi-Fi card today with Bluetooth capability, TP-Link AX3000 Archer TX50E, for my new MSI B550-A Pro based build. Everything works just fine and i had no problem pairing my headphones with the card. Is there a way though to set a default volume for my Bluetooth headphones in Windows 10? Everytime i hook them up to the Wi-Fi card their at 100% and i’m greeted by a deafening jingle telling me that they’re paired. There must be a way to have them set to a lower ”storting Level”?

Solution
I just bought a Wi-Fi card today with Bluetooth capability, TP-Link AX3000 Archer TX50E, for my new MSI B550-A Pro based build. Everything works just fine and i had no problem pairing my headphones with the card. Is there a way though to set a default volume for my Bluetooth headphones in Windows 10? Everytime i hook them up to the Wi-Fi card their at 100% and i’m greeted by a deafening jingle telling me that they’re paired. There must be a way to have them set to a lower ”storting Level”?

You can try changing it in control panel while the device is still connected:

control panel > sound > playback > {find your headphone device} > properties > Levels

chaoyang

Reputable
Oct 24, 2019

You can try changing it in control panel while the device is still connected:

control panel > sound > playback > {find your headphone device} > properties > Levels

Solution