May 17, 2020
hi everyone, i just recently built my first pc and followed this exact build guide on youtube
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gfAMYnQtDs&t=1430s

specs:
GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER
Intel Core i7 9700K Processor
Gigabyte Z390 I AORUS PRO WiFi Mini-ITX
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 RAM 3200
Samsung 970 EVO 500GB NVMe M.2 SSD
Seagate BarraCuda 3TB Hard Drive

At first after the build the ssd wasn't recognized so just the other day i initialized it and copied the original hard drive through macrium reflect to the new ssd. After doing so i disconnected the hdd and booted to the new ssd and made sure i was only booting to the ssd in the bios and that it ran okay(it ran better than usual). Then checked again after reconnecting the original hard drive

Everything ran fine besides gaming, usually while playing a game like rainbow six siege i would average 230 frames but after i've been averaging 70, same goes for minecraft. Later i noticed my C drive was still under my hdd so i disconnected it again and only ran off my ssd but nothing changed. I tried updating my graphics card drivers and that didn't help either. I also noticed my gpu memory was almost maxed out playing the same games as well. Sorry if i sound dumb im new to all this and have googled everything i can think too. Any help is very much appreciated.

Solution
tried to do a fresh install of windows? Would imo be the best option.

Would try Samsung own "Data Migration Software" for a "clone" of the original drive if you want to do that. Better clean the ssd from the current installation in that case. Think there might be a tool in the bios that can help or start from the hdd and use the Samsung Magician to do that.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
tried to do a fresh install of windows? Would imo be the best option.

Would try Samsung own "Data Migration Software" for a "clone" of the original drive if you want to do that. Better clean the ssd from the current installation in that case. Think there might be a tool in the bios that can help or start from the hdd and use the Samsung Magician to do that.

Solution