[SOLVED] Lower fps than before in different games using 2080ti ,i9 i9900k (1440p)

ashurov

Honorable
Nov 2, 2015
Hello ,

recently i have noticed that games started to run worse than before, in METRO Exodus i had 67-70 fps average on ultra ray tracing, and dlss off . now i am getting 55 fps average, same on COD MW, i used to have 130-140 fps highest settings with DirectX ray tracing on and now i have 110fps average with big drops..
Black ops cold war beta aswell, this game graphic engine is not anything like MW's , they use their old graphic engine , no Ray tracing and there i get 100 fps.
I update my drivers all the time, my gpu fans in games going very loud (wasnt like this before) gpu temperature doesnt go down from 85c while playing .

i watched Metro exodus videos from different players , all playing with exact same system as mine and same resolution , they all get 65 fps and more.. without OC.

any idea what can i do to bring back my old performance ?

system specs:
i9 9900k, rtx2080ti , 32gb ram

Solution
COD MW seems to have upped the max game detail with the last 50GB update. Cold War is a Beta so you cannot determine performance from that, the final game will likely be better optimised. I can’t comment on ME.