Question Lower FPS than i should have with Rog Strix RTX 3060 & i7-9700k

Andr416h

Prominent
Dec 12, 2020
Hello everyone.

So i am experiencing an issue here. I just recently bought an Rog Strix RTX 3060 12GB OC V2 LHR to upgrade my system
i have been playing for years with the combo of a i7-9700k and an MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X and the 1070 has become quite outdated.

But the thing is. I have been playing on another computer that had a 3050 in it. And for some reason that pc performs way better
than mine with my now RTX 3060 build. I have updated drivers configured NVCP and done basically everything. And i just cant make the card better than
the 3050 pc. So thats where i thought mby my pc is being bottlenecked. Ofc i do know bottlenecks are constant but in this case my fps should't
be as low as they are and its kinda an extreme bottleneck. My ideas as of right now is that its either my Storage solution thats simply just too slow or then its
my old and outdated ram.

Build:
GPU: Asus Rog Strix RTX 3060 12GB OC V2 LHR
CPU: Intel Core I7-9700k
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x63
Motherboard: MSI Tomahawk Z370
PSU: Asus Rog Strix 750G
RAM: 2x Corsair LPX 2400Mhz 8Gb
SSD: KingFast 224 GB
HDD1: Seagate Barracuda 1TB
HDD2: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

So now i ask for your opinions here. Cause then again i might just be all wrong. And this might not even be a hardware issue.
But please share your knowledge and help me fix this problem of mine.
Thank you everyone.

Lutfij

Titan
How old is the PSU in your build? Did you make sure you're on the latest BIOS version for your motherboard? As for the GPU, did you uninstall your prior GPU's drivers using DDU? If you're working with a DDR4-2400MHz kit, you're loosing out on performance since the platform's sweet spot is at DDR4-3200MHz.

Andr416h

Prominent
Dec 12, 2020
How old is the PSU in your build? Did you make sure you're on the latest BIOS version for your motherboard? As for the GPU, did you uninstall your prior GPU's drivers using DDU? If you're working with a DDR4-2400MHz kit, you're loosing out on performance since the platform's sweet spot is at DDR4-3200MHz.
My PSU is just as new as my new card since i needed a bigger psu for the card. And i have not tryed updating my BIOS or used DDU but in this moment i am doing it to see if it does the trick. Thank you for the quick answer :D

Andr416h

Prominent
Dec 12, 2020
Update:
So after using DDU to fully remove all old graphics drivers & current ones i reinstalled the driver for my 3060 and then updated the bios to the newest version.
This has sadly not helped me. So i now i do wonder if this is an issue with RAM.