[SOLVED] Lower PCIe Slot not detecting video card

Oct 10, 2019
Hello, I just put together machine with the following specs;
AMD X3900 CPU
MSI MPG X570 Mobo
Dual EVGA 1080TI
64GB Gskill DDR43000 Ram

When attempting to install both video cards, only the upper slot (slot closest to CPU) seems to read. I have tried both GPU's on the upper slot and they both work. I have tried both GPU's in the lower slot and neither worked. If one of the cards are in the lower slot, startup fails and I get a "VGA" light on the "EZ Debug LED" section of the motherboard. Any thoughts on why the second slot wouldn't read? Bios update/settings needed? Or simply a borked mobo. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Solution
OK.

You do know that this motherboard does NOT support NVidia SLI, correct? That said, I can't think of any reason why a single card (either NVidia or AMD) would not work, being the sole card and installed in the second PCI-Ex16 slot. I'd be very curious to see what would happen if you could install just an old AMD card in that slot and see if the system would boot.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
OK.

You do know that this motherboard does NOT support NVidia SLI, correct? That said, I can't think of any reason why a single card (either NVidia or AMD) would not work, being the sole card and installed in the second PCI-Ex16 slot. I'd be very curious to see what would happen if you could install just an old AMD card in that slot and see if the system would boot.

-Wolf sends

Solution