Question Lowered left button in touchpad of Dell Vostro 3520

ELdred

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010
Hi. I've been using my laptop Dell Vostro 3520 since March, sometimes on desk and sometimes having it on my legs while in a bus. Dell's laptop is such a delicate thing, my old ThinkPad was much toughter. As you can see on the image below the left button is lowered, especially when I pick up the laptop. Sometimes the left button gets stuck in pressed mode which is extremely irritable. How to fix this easily? Would disassembling the laptop help? Does the touchpad need to be replaced?
Anyone had a similar experience?

touchpad.jpg

ELdred

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010
The picture was taken when I was holding the laptop so the case could be a little bent. However this was NOT a problem in first months of using this laptop. What causes this problem? I wonder if it's worthy to replace the touchpad at all.
Was this Dell a bad choice to buy or are all modern (thin) laptops so delicate?

kanewolf

Titan
The picture was taken when I was holding the laptop so the case could be a little bent. However this was NOT a problem in first months of using this laptop. What causes this problem? I wonder if it's worthy to replace the touchpad at all.
Was this Dell a bad choice to buy or are all modern (thin) laptops so delicate?
If you can open it, then looking for a swollen battery would my first thing. Swollen batteries are safety hazards. I have had phones and laptops which had swollen batteries. It doesn't take much. A millimeter or two. The test is, to spin the battery on a flat surface. If it has any bulge it will spin easily. A totally flat battery will not spin.