Lowering vcore

G

Hi,

Are there ways to help lower vcores become more stable? Like altering other voltages?

I know that lowering the multi will allow lower vcore but thats not what I want... I backed down on the multi cause my vcore was too high but thats boring. :p And like a minute later I went back up on the multi to 50 and I'm playing with voltages again. :p

I found that although I lower my vcore by 0.01 from my min stable vcore, I could become stable again by LOWERING pll. o_O ??
I've looked at LOTS of 2500k guides to try to see if there was any more info on altering voltages other than just vcore. But I've only found info on pll(lowering and raising it to find stability, my stable is 1.55v). I've tried but haven't been able to find a lot of info on vccsa and vvcio.

p.s. I was planning to spend my last weekend doing this but I can't access my desktop and try these out yet. T.T . Power's out in the east and I'm bored as hell. But I'm gonna try asap.

arthurh

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2002
Thanks for the info.

Stable for me is 12hr p95 blend and small fft.

That should be really good. :)

My 2500k is stable @ 1.350 V and all the rest at Auto. Maybe your M/BD is holding you back, just a guess on my part.

You might try lowering your ram to 1600mhz thou G. Skill is pretty good ram. I use it as well thou mine is rated at and runs at 2133 mhz.

G

My mobo is definately holding me back. My last thread I talked about how it was making wierd noises when I got it to 5ghz. Which was why I backed down on the multi. But I'm back to 5 cause I'm bored and so I'm playing with the bios to lower vcore. :p

G

K. So, I’ve got my power back yesterday. :). And I’ve done some testing. I set vccsa and vccio to a fixed default voltage. I did 12hr blend test and temps were reduced by 5C but stability was unaffected. I will try raising and lowering these voltages later but first…

I read something about using offset instead of llc because its more efficient. It requires knowing a stable vcore first but since I already know mine I switched from using LLC to DVID(Dynamic vcore), which is the same as offset. A LOT better I think since idle vcore is a LOT lower. Using llc my idle was 1.46-1.48. NOW its 1.06. o_O . I’m testing stability now using p95 small fft and everything seems ok. Load vcore with dvid is currently the same as llc but I will adjust dvid to lower vcore and see if stability is better.

Therefore I TOTALLY recommend using dvid/offset!!!!!!! It COMPLETELY eliminates worrying about vdroop and a high idle vcore!

CORRECTION: Dvid is not the same as offset, which I originally thought it was. Dvid doesn't allow llc while offset does. DVID is only provided by gigabyte I think, while offset is provided by asus. They work similary though.

G

ANOTHER PLUS I'm not having those buzzing issues anymore!!!!!!
20 min after(which is when i usually heard it) my pc was completely silent other than the fan...
A huge bonus for me :D

UPDATE: Nevermind sound does reappear but its quieter, less rapid, and more... throaty.