[SOLVED] Lowish FPS on a Good System

bushybb

Prominent
Dec 31, 2018
On R6 im getting around 75 average fps on high settings. I thought this to be unusual seeing as my friend with a worse PC than me averages over 100 on max settings. I have this similar issue with lower frames than expected in other games too but R6 is drastic. If anyone could help id appreciate it.
My Specs:
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix x470-F
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G3
GPU: MSI GamingZ RTX 2070
Case: NZXT H700
RAM: 32GB Trident Z RGB
Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240 RGB

Solution
UserBenchmarks: Game 50%, Desk 93%, Work 91%
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X - 84.9%
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070 - 44.5%
SSD: Corsair Force NVMe PCIe M.2 240GB - 151.1%
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB (2018) - 92.7%
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z DDR4 3200 C16 4x8GB - 98.9%
MBD: Asus ROG STRIX X470-F GAMING

Ram is 3200, graphics card drivers are up to date. i havent updated chipset or bios drivers since building my pc less than a year ago. is that 44.5% gpu score normal??
I specifically asked for the LINK to the results.

The GPU score is not normal for sure. The link of the results provide more info that's why I wanted it.
Use DDU to wipe the old drivers and reinstall them using this guide:
How To - How to perform a CLEAN install of your video card...

bushybb

Prominent
Dec 31, 2018
What speed is your RAM? Do you have the latest BIOS, chipset drivers, windows updates, GPU drivers?
Do a UserBenchmark and post the LINK to the results here.

Ram is 3200, graphics card drivers are up to date. i havent updated chipset or bios drivers since building my pc less than a year ago. is that 44.5% gpu score normal??

The GPU score is not normal for sure. The link of the results provide more info that's why I wanted it.
How To - How to perform a CLEAN install of your video card drivers. | Tom's Hardware Forum

Do again the benchmark and post the link this time. Update your chipset and BIOS to the latest.

Reactions: oldcracc
Solution

bushybb

Prominent
Dec 31, 2018

How To - How to perform a CLEAN install of your video card drivers. | Tom's Hardware Forum

Do again the benchmark and post the link this time. Update your chipset and BIOS to the latest.

sorry here is the link https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/24134386 ill try finding the updated bios and chipset now

edit: when i go to my motherboard drivers website to download a bios version it says '2020/01/28 Downloaded' does that mean i am up to date? also the only drivers/software on the amd website is ryzen master software.

edit2: i just did a fresh install of graphics card drivers and im now averaging 180 fps on max settings. thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Reactions: dotas1

bushybb

Prominent
Dec 31, 2018

hey dude i did the fresh install of graphics drivers and it worked, 2 weeks later its back down to 65, whats going on?

when i go to my motherboard drivers website to download a bios version it says '2020/01/28 Downloaded' does that mean i am up to date?
That means that you simply downloaded the file. You need to install it as well. Read the instructions on how to do it from here:
https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1012815/

hey dude i did the fresh install of graphics drivers and it worked, 2 weeks later its back down to 65, whats going on?
How did you do the clean install? Did you use DDU?

Another thing, is your GPU power connected with 2 separate cables to the PSU or is it daisy chain(same cable with 2 connections)? If it is daisy chain, swap it to 2 separate cables.

bushybb

Prominent
Dec 31, 2018
That means that you simply downloaded the file. You need to install it as well. Read the instructions on how to do it from here:

Another thing, is your GPU power connected with 2 separate cables to the PSU or is it daisy chain(same cable with 2 connections)? If it is daisy chain, swap it to 2 separate cables.

GPU is connected with 2 seperate cables, i used ddu for the clean install.

bushybb

Prominent
Dec 31, 2018

i did another fresh install cos there was a driver update and still on same fps