[SOLVED] lsass.exe high cpu percentage

Evnox

Commendable
Mar 9, 2020
when i start playing rainbow six siege lsass.exe goes up to 50% cpu usage and i get really bad fps drops in rainbow six siege and it only happens while play8ing rainbow six siege i need help asap plzzz
screenshot

Solution
It sounds like you have either a virus or malware running.

Lsass.exe should be using very little if any resources at all after you login in at start up...and it shouldn't react to a game at all as far as I can determine.

I'd recommend disabling your internet connection, shutting down the PC, and unplugging the power for 90 seconds to wipe the system memory clean...then plug it in and reboot without reconnecting to the internet. Run a full system scan while offline with Windows Security "virus and threat protection" using "scan options" to select full system scan.

If Windows Security doesn't find anything I would hit a second online scan tool like Trendmicro and run their free scan tool...make sure to temporarily disable the Windows...

Lsass.exe should be using very little if any resources at all after you login in at start up...and it shouldn't react to a game at all as far as I can determine.

I'd recommend disabling your internet connection, shutting down the PC, and unplugging the power for 90 seconds to wipe the system memory clean...then plug it in and reboot without reconnecting to the internet. Run a full system scan while offline with Windows Security "virus and threat protection" using "scan options" to select full system scan.

If Windows Security doesn't find anything I would hit a second online scan tool like Trendmicro and run their free scan tool...make sure to temporarily disable the Windows Security virus scan tool to prevent conflicts. https://www.trendmicro.com/en_us/forHome/products/housecall.html

Last edited:
Solution

Evnox

Commendable
Mar 9, 2020

If Windows Security doesn't find anything I would hit a second online scan tool like Trendmicro and run their free scan tool...make sure to temporarily disable the Windows Security virus scan tool to prevent conflicts. https://www.trendmicro.com/en_us/forHome/products/housecall.html
im currently using nod 32 eset to fully in depth scan my pc but it takes so long to scan the whole computer,
ill share the results after this with u thanks for the fast reply

Evnox

Commendable
Mar 9, 2020
so i tried nod 32 and it didnt find anything but windows defender found 2 trojans but cant delete them (it says please restart your device but when i restart my device it still find the same trojans)
image1
image2

Evnox

Commendable
Mar 9, 2020
i scanned my pc for 4 hrs with nod32 but didnt find anything then i used malwarebytes software and found 35 suspicious files and quarantined them all in like 2 mins lol

Reactions: dorsai

TRENDING THREADS