Question LSI 9211-8i Slow Performace

nevesnet

Commendable
Jul 19, 2016
Greetings,

I have an old EVGA 4-Way SLI Intel 1366 motherboard with a Xeon W5590, 24GB Samsung Registered RAM, a Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1060 and an LSI 9211-8i card, that's all the components on the board. Running off an Antec Earthwatts 650W Platinum power supply.

The system is Windows 10 Pro under my home domain. I just use this machine mainly to create graphics and coding, occasional civilization 6.

"Winsat disk" shows ALL disks currently hooked to the card at 60MB/s read, this includes a Seagate Pro SSD, a Samsung Pro SSD, a WD Gold SATA HDD and a Seagate Constellation SAS HDD

The card had the IR firmware, so I re-flashed to the IT firmware, same result. It's on a 16x PCIE slot built for a graphics card, so don't think it's that.

Currently running this FW/BIOS "9211-8i_Package_P20_IR_IT_Firmware_BIOS_for_MSDOS_Windows" I downloaded from the LSI website.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm getting a bit frustrated and about to ditch the system altogether. Hard to toss a system that's been so good to me for over a decade though...
Thank you.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS