[LSJ] baldessar question...

hello again :)

i want to reduce the cost of things with baldessar but his special is
worded : " Once each turn, if Baldesar is ready, he can reduce the cost
of a location or of an equipment you play by 1 pool or blood."

here are the questions ... I already foresee that the answers would be
"no" for nearly all of them but it's always good to ask.

-is it usable during a disguised weapon trick ?

-is it usable when i have to repay the cost for a weapon because of
peace treaty ? (this one would be "yes")

-is it usable in conjonction with alastor ?

-with yer good ol' filchware pawne's shoppe ? (this one would be "yes" too)

-is it usable when i move equipment from the ash heap with Kiss of
Lachesis ?

-and what about pier 13 ? ("yes" i guess)

And a last question about delivery truck.

suppose i've got 5 cards, face down on the delivery truck. say 4
chainsaw and 1 Ivory bow. Do i have to mention which card i will equip
from the truck when i annonce the action, or do i only say " smudge will
attempt to equip with one of the cards on the truck " ?

which one is legal ? :)

thank you.

reyda wrote:
> hello again :)
>
> i want to reduce the cost of things with baldessar but his special is
> worded : " Once each turn, if Baldesar is ready, he can reduce the cost
> of a location or of an equipment you play by 1 pool or blood."
>
> here are the questions ... I already foresee that the answers would be
> "no" for nearly all of them but it's always good to ask.
>
> -is it usable during a disguised weapon trick ?

Yes, since it mentions "equip". See also Black Cat + Concealed Weapon.

> -is it usable when i have to repay the cost for a weapon because of
> peace treaty ? (this one would be "yes")

Mmmm. Probably not. Key words being "you play". You're not playing it
here.

> -is it usable in conjonction with alastor ?

Probably not; lacks Disguised Weapon's "equip" text. Also, the
precedent that you can Alastor stuff without meeting requirements shows
it's not being "played".

> -with yer good ol' filchware pawne's shoppe ? (this one would be "yes" too)

Yes. Equip action.

> -is it usable when i move equipment from the ash heap with Kiss of
> Lachesis ?

No; same as Alastor.

> -and what about pier 13 ? ("yes" i guess)

Yes. Equip action (even if it's not an action).

> And a last question about delivery truck.
>
> suppose i've got 5 cards, face down on the delivery truck. say 4
> chainsaw and 1 Ivory bow. Do i have to mention which card i will equip
> from the truck when i annonce the action, or do i only say " smudge will
> attempt to equip with one of the cards on the truck " ?
>
> which one is legal ? :)

How do you get five cards on the Delivery Truck? (Key words "if it
doesn't already have one") So, unless I'm missing something, moot.

--Colin McGuigan

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 16:27:08 -0500, Colin McGuigan
<maguaSPAM@BGONEspeakeasy.net> scrawled:

>reyda wrote:
>> hello again :)
>>
>> i want to reduce the cost of things with baldessar but his special is
>> worded : " Once each turn, if Baldesar is ready, he can reduce the cost
>> of a location or of an equipment you play by 1 pool or blood."
>>
>> here are the questions ... I already foresee that the answers would be
>> "no" for nearly all of them but it's always good to ask.
>>
>> -is it usable during a disguised weapon trick ?
>
>Yes, since it mentions "equip". See also Black Cat + Concealed Weapon.

but see also "played" being ruled to mean "played from hand in the
normal manner". so, no. disguising isn't playing from hand.

>> -is it usable when i have to repay the cost for a weapon because of
>> peace treaty ? (this one would be "yes")
>
>Mmmm. Probably not. Key words being "you play". You're not playing it
>here.

agreed.

>> -is it usable in conjonction with alastor ?
>
>Probably not; lacks Disguised Weapon's "equip" text. Also, the
>precedent that you can Alastor stuff without meeting requirements shows
>it's not being "played".

agreed.

>> -with yer good ol' filchware pawne's shoppe ? (this one would be "yes" too)
>
>Yes. Equip action.

not played from hand in the normal manner. so no.

>> -is it usable when i move equipment from the ash heap with Kiss of
>> Lachesis ?
>
>No; same as Alastor.

agreed.

>> -and what about pier 13 ? ("yes" i guess)
>
>Yes. Equip action (even if it's not an action).

hmmm.....tricky.

salem
http://www.users.tpg.com.au/adsltqna/VtES/index.htm
(replace "hotmail" with "yahoo" to email)

salem wrote:
> but see also "played" being ruled to mean "played from hand in the
> normal manner". so, no. disguising isn't playing from hand.

Mmmm. Yes, you're right. (See also: Marthe Dizier cannot move a
Grenade she got with Concealed Weapon out of the ash heap.)

So, it would seem that Disguised Weapon is a "no".

Re: Filchware's and Pier 13.

I'd have to agree that these are also "no's"; you can't DI equipment
coming from Pier 13, for example, which leads one to conclude that it's
not being "played". No precedent on Filchware's, but it would seem to
be similar.

I'm less convinced than on Disguised Weapon, but I'm heavily leaning
towards "no" on these as well.

--Colin McGuigan

salem wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 16:27:08 -0500, Colin McGuigan
> <maguaSPAM@BGONEspeakeasy.net> scrawled:
>>reyda wrote:
>>>i want to reduce the cost of things with baldessar but his special is
>>>worded : " Once each turn, if Baldesar is ready, he can reduce the cost
>>>of a location or of an equipment you play by 1 pool or blood."
>>>
>>>here are the questions ... I already foresee that the answers would be
>>>"no" for nearly all of them but it's always good to ask.
>>>
>>>-is it usable during a disguised weapon trick ?
>>
>>Yes, since it mentions "equip". See also Black Cat + Concealed Weapon.
>
> but see also "played" being ruled to mean "played from hand in the
> normal manner". so, no. disguising isn't playing from hand.

Correct. It doesn't mention "equip".

>>>-is it usable when i have to repay the cost for a weapon because of
>>>peace treaty ? (this one would be "yes")
>>
>>Mmmm. Probably not. Key words being "you play". You're not playing it
>>here.
>
> agreed.

Correct.

>>>-is it usable in conjonction with alastor ?
>>
>>Probably not; lacks Disguised Weapon's "equip" text. Also, the
>>precedent that you can Alastor stuff without meeting requirements shows
>>it's not being "played".
>
> agreed.

Correct.

>>>-with yer good ol' filchware pawne's shoppe ? (this one would be "yes" too)
>>
>>Yes. Equip action.
>
> not played from hand in the normal manner. so no.

Correct.

>>>-is it usable when i move equipment from the ash heap with Kiss of
>>>Lachesis ?
>>
>>No; same as Alastor.
>
> agreed.

Correct.

>>>-and what about pier 13 ? ("yes" i guess)
>>
>>Yes. Equip action (even if it's not an action).
>
> hmmm.....tricky.

No.
If it can't be Suddened/DIed, the it can't be reduced by Baldesar.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/