[LSJ] i cam accros this stupid Jack question

hi :)
The problem almost happened, so i have to ask the question.

I control Jack with a Zillah's tears on him.
during my master phase, i want to put a KRCG News radio in play but i'm
low on pool.
can i tap jack once, the untap him with zillah's tears, then tap him
again to reduce the KRCG's cost to zero ? :)

thank you !

reyda wrote:
> hi :)
> The problem almost happened, so i have to ask the question.
>
> I control Jack with a Zillah's tears on him.
> during my master phase, i want to put a KRCG News radio in play but
i'm
> low on pool.
> can i tap jack once, the untap him with zillah's tears, then tap him
> again to reduce the KRCG's cost to zero ? :)
>
> thank you !

I believe that falls under the "card in play" rule. You can only use
any card's special once per turn unless otherwise specified. So, no.

Jeff

reyda wrote:
> hi :)
> The problem almost happened, so i have to ask the question.
>
> I control Jack with a Zillah's tears on him.
> during my master phase, i want to put a KRCG News radio in play but
i'm
> low on pool.
> can i tap jack once, the untap him with zillah's tears, then tap him
> again to reduce the KRCG's cost to zero ? :)
>
> thank you !

I'm pretty sure that you aren't allowed to interrupt the playing of
KRCG to use Zillah's Tears.

John

reyda wrote:
> hi :)
> The problem almost happened, so i have to ask the question.
>
> I control Jack with a Zillah's tears on him.
> during my master phase, i want to put a KRCG News radio in play but i'm
> low on pool.
> can i tap jack once, the untap him with zillah's tears, then tap him
> again to reduce the KRCG's cost to zero ? :)

I'll jump in and wager on my own opinion that you can't burn the
Zillah's Tears during the playing of a master card. That is, unless a
card has specific text to the contrary (Jack, Sudden Reversal), there's
no window in which to interrupt the effect.

Compare and contrast: If I control the Barrens (untapped), and you play
the Barrens, there's no window in which I could tap the Barrens before
contesting starts.

--Colin McGuigan

Quetzalcoatl

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2005

Personally I would say you could pull this off.

Zillah's Tears
+1 stealth action. Requires a ready Sabbat vampire. Put this card on
this acting vampire and move 1 blood from the blood bank to this
vampire. This Sabbat vampire can burn this card any time after this
turn ends to untap. A vampire can have only one Zillah's Tears.

Jack
Sabbat - Torrance Circle: You may tap Jack when you play a Master:
Location (unique or not) to reduce the cost of that location by 1 pool.
+1 strength. Sterile.

Zillah's Tears mentions nothing about interruption (c.f. Heidleburg -
it does) of an action or a play.

So the sequence would most likely go:

I play KRCG. During the play I tap Jack. I am now currently paying 1
pool for it. Still during the play I burn Zillah's and tap Jack again.
My cost is 0 pool. I pay my 0 pool, the playing of the KRCG is over.

David

In message <1114116889.216510.105970@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
jeffkuta@pacbell.net writes:
>reyda wrote:
>> I control Jack with a Zillah's tears on him.
>> during my master phase, i want to put a KRCG News radio in play but
>i'm
>> low on pool.
>> can i tap jack once, the untap him with zillah's tears, then tap him
>> again to reduce the KRCG's cost to zero ? :)
>>
>> thank you !
>
>I believe that falls under the "card in play" rule. You can only use
>any card's special once per turn unless otherwise specified. So, no.

What "card in play" rule? The repeat actions one? Only applies to
actions.

If the special said "During your master phase, you may tap Jack to..."
it'd be restricted to once. But if you can untap him during your master
phase (after tapping him the first time), you can use his special twice.

--
James Coupe "Why do so many talented people turn out to be sexual
PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D deviants? Why can't they just be normal like me and

Colin McGuigan a écrit :

> Compare and contrast: If I control the Barrens (untapped), and you play
> the Barrens, there's no window in which I could tap the Barrens before
> contesting starts.

i think it's really another matter here.

reyda wrote:
> Colin McGuigan a écrit :
>
>> Compare and contrast: If I control the Barrens (untapped), and you
>> play the Barrens, there's no window in which I could tap the Barrens
>> before contesting starts.
>
> i think it's really another matter here.

Why? How is not being allowed to tap the Barrens in response to a
master card being played different from not being allowed to burn
Zillah's Tears in response to a master card being played?

--Colin McGuigan

jnewquist@difsol.com wrote:
> reyda wrote:
>>I control Jack with a Zillah's tears on him.
>>during my master phase, i want to put a KRCG News radio in play but i'm
>>low on pool.
>>can i tap jack once, the untap him with zillah's tears, then tap him
>>again to reduce the KRCG's cost to zero ? :)
>
> I'm pretty sure that you aren't allowed to interrupt the playing of
> KRCG to use Zillah's Tears.

Correct.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

In message <pyZ9e.570$Od6.82671@news.xtra.co.nz>, carl
<mist42nz@hotmail.com> writes:
>"quetzalcoatl" <david@vega.id.au> wrote
>> I play KRCG. During the play I tap Jack. I am now currently paying 1
>> pool for it. Still during the play I burn Zillah's and tap Jack again.
>
>Are you allowed to "repeat action", like that?

That's not an action. Repeat action applies to actions. Tapping a
vampire for a special ability is not an action.

If you can untap him, you can use him twice. As LSJ has pointed out,
however, you can't use it on the same cost as you can't interrupt the
payment like that.

--
James Coupe "Why do so many talented people turn out to be sexual
PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D deviants? Why can't they just be normal like me and
EBD690ECD7A1FB457CA2 look at internet pictures of men's cocks all day?"
13D7E668C3695D623D5D -- www.livejournal.com/users/scarletdemon/

Carl

"quetzalcoatl" <david@vega.id.au> wrote
> I play KRCG. During the play I tap Jack. I am now currently paying 1
> pool for it. Still during the play I burn Zillah's and tap Jack again.

Are you allowed to "repeat action", like that?

TRENDING THREADS