(LSJ) Perfectionist and Delaying Tactics

The scenario is as follows:

Gael Pillet, the anarch Perfectionist, wishes to call a Firebrand on
her anarch sister Angela Preston. Gael Pillet succeeds with calling the
referendum and no reaction cards were played. During the referendum, my
predator plays Delaying Tactics, cancelling it.

Does Gael get a blood from being a Perfectionist? I thought yes, my
predator disagreed. I would like to have it cleared.

-----------------------------
Rulebook:

6.3.1. The Political Action
To call the referendum listed on a political action card in your hand
(or as allowed by a card in play), tap the acting vampire and announce
the referendum he is attempting to call (play the political action
card, if any, at this time). Political actions are never directed at a
specific Methuselah, regardless of what effect the referendum will have
if it passes (so a political action can be blocked by, and only by, the
acting Methuselah's prey and predator). Additionally, as indicated on
card text, political actions have a default of +1 stealth.

Important: The specific terms of the referendum (the choices to be
made, if any, by the player who calls the referendum) are not chosen
until the action itself is successful (i.e., remains unblocked).

6.3.2. The Referendum
If a political action is successful, the referendum is called.

Perfectionist:

Master: archetype.
Put this card on a vampire you control. Once per turn, when this
vampire sucessfully performs an action and no reaction cards are
played, he or she gains 1 blood after the action is resolved. A vampire
can have only one archetype.

Delaying Tactics:

Reaction,1 blood
Only usable during a referendum.
The referendum is canceled. Untap the acting vampire. The controller of
the acting vampire takes the political action card (if any) back into
his or her hand (and discards down to his or her hand size), and his or
her vampires cannot attempt the same political action this turn.

------------------------------

Thanks.

Hyllan a écrit :
> The scenario is as follows:
>
> Gael Pillet, the anarch Perfectionist, wishes to call a Firebrand on
> her anarch sister Angela Preston. Gael Pillet succeeds with calling the
> referendum and no reaction cards were played. During the referendum, my
> predator plays Delaying Tactics, cancelling it.
>
> Does Gael get a blood from being a Perfectionist?

No. Delaying tactics *is* a reation card.
this is enough to thwart perfectionnist.

reyda wrote:
> Hyllan a écrit :
>
>> The scenario is as follows:
>>
>> Gael Pillet, the anarch Perfectionist, wishes to call a Firebrand on
>> her anarch sister Angela Preston. Gael Pillet succeeds with calling the
>> referendum and no reaction cards were played. During the referendum, my
>> predator plays Delaying Tactics, cancelling it.
>>
>> Does Gael get a blood from being a Perfectionist?
>

> No. Delaying tactics *is* a reation card.
> this is enough to thwart perfectionnist.

Correct. Perfectionist doesn't kick in until after resolution.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/