[LSJ] Undying Thirst and Assamites/Humanitas

What happens if a vampire with a Humanitas or an old-school Assamite gets an
Undying Thirst and a vampire is in torpor? Is the vampire stuck because he
has to diablerize but cannot?

"Johannes Walch" <johannes.walch@vekn.de> wrote in message news:d1udr5$opu$1@stu1id2.ip.tesion.net...
> What happens if a vampire with a Humanitas or an old-school Assamite gets an
> Undying Thirst and a vampire is in torpor? Is the vampire stuck because he
> has to diablerize but cannot?

No. Undying Thirst has no effect unless you can diablerize.
"When there are any vampires in torpor that this vampire can diablerize, ..."

--
LSJ (vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep (Remove spam trap to reply).
V:TES homepage: http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

You can, however, play Tajdid so that your Undying Thirsts work on
Assamites. Which reminds me I have to include that in my stupid Mata
Hari deck.

Johannes Walch wrote:
> "reyda" <true_reyda@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > if you could explain what the combo was supposed to be, it would be
> > great enlightment ...
>
> Well the combo was to Mind Rape vampires with Huitzilopochtli and
turn them
> into Assamites via Clan Impersonation (allready a pain for the guy
> controlling the vampires) and blocking them, Obedience and Undying
Thirst to
> lock them up (while some little critter of your own lurks around in
torpor).

> Hey, I didn´t say it was a good idea ;-)

Except that wouldn't work anyway because of the new blood curse rules -
only vampires with the text "blood curse" are blood cursed. So yeah, it
wasn't a good idea ;)

"LSJ" <vtesrep@white-wolf.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> "Johannes Walch" <johannes.walch@vekn.de> wrote in message
> > What happens if a vampire with a Humanitas or an old-school Assamite
gets an
> > Undying Thirst and a vampire is in torpor? Is the vampire stuck because
he
> > has to diablerize but cannot?
>

> No. Undying Thirst has no effect unless you can diablerize.
> "When there are any vampires in torpor that this vampire can diablerize,
...."

What a pain. Another stupid deck idea goes down the drain :))

Johannes Walch a écrit :
> "LSJ" <vtesrep@white-wolf.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>
>>"Johannes Walch" <johannes.walch@vekn.de> wrote in message

>>>What happens if a vampire with a Humanitas or an old-school Assamite
>
> gets an
>
>>>Undying Thirst and a vampire is in torpor? Is the vampire stuck because
>
> he
>
>>>has to diablerize but cannot?
>>

>>No. Undying Thirst has no effect unless you can diablerize.
>>"When there are any vampires in torpor that this vampire can diablerize,
>
> ..."
>
> What a pain. Another stupid deck idea goes down the drain :))

if you could explain what the combo was supposed to be, it would be a
great enlightment ...

"reyda" <true_reyda@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> if you could explain what the combo was supposed to be, it would be a
> great enlightment ...

Well the combo was to Mind Rape vampires with Huitzilopochtli and turn them
into Assamites via Clan Impersonation (allready a pain for the guy
controlling the vampires) and blocking them, Obedience and Undying Thirst to
lock them up (while some little critter of your own lurks around in torpor).

Hey, I didn´t say it was a good idea ;-)

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 17:25:45 +0100, "Johannes Walch"
<johannes.walch@vekn.de> scrawled:

>"reyda" <true_reyda@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> if you could explain what the combo was supposed to be, it would be a
>> great enlightment ...
>
>Well the combo was to Mind Rape vampires with Huitzilopochtli and turn them
>into Assamites via Clan Impersonation (allready a pain for the guy
>controlling the vampires) and blocking them, Obedience and Undying Thirst to
>lock them up (while some little critter of your own lurks around in torpor).
>
>Hey, I didn´t say it was a good idea ;-)

also, iirc, 'blood cursed' is a facet of card text now, not tied to
clan.

so clan imping an assamite won't blood curse you. thus leaving you
open to diablerise.

salem
http://www.users.tpg.com.au/adsltqna/VtES/index.htm
(replace "hotmail" with "yahoo" to email)