[SOLVED] LTE for downloads Cable for gaming

Alvaro_4

Reputable
Jun 28, 2016
Hello, so i have two connections one from my mobile carrier ( 4g- around 120 mb/s) that i use to download large files since its faster than my home connection(30mb/s). However i've got way less ping with cable as expected. I was wondering if its possible to have both connections on windows at the same time and only use the cable one for the game im currently playing while everything else run on the USB Thethered connection from my phone

Solution
Yes but it will be messy because you must tell your computer what "current game" and "everything else" actually means.

The key command you want is ROUTE. When you have both connection up you will see 2 0.0.0.0 routes with different metrics. This is the default route and you can only have 1 so the pc will assign a better metric to one.

So you can remove one or change the metric to control which is used. So that solves your "everything else"

What you now must do which is much harder is find all the IP addresses used by the game and put in routes for each pointing to the other gateway ip. You likely can get a list of ip by watching the network tab in the event monitor while you play. It is very tedious if there are...
Yes but it will be messy because you must tell your computer what "current game" and "everything else" actually means.

The key command you want is ROUTE. When you have both connection up you will see 2 0.0.0.0 routes with different metrics. This is the default route and you can only have 1 so the pc will assign a better metric to one.

So you can remove one or change the metric to control which is used. So that solves your "everything else"

What you now must do which is much harder is find all the IP addresses used by the game and put in routes for each pointing to the other gateway ip. You likely can get a list of ip by watching the network tab in the event monitor while you play. It is very tedious if there are a lot of ip addresses or they change a lot but it can be made to work.

Reactions: SamirD and Alvaro_4
Solution