[SOLVED] Lubricating Asus Strix 970

Dec 13, 2014
Hi

I have the mentioned gpu and I need to lubricate the fans, but cant find a hole where I can apply the oil.Can someone guide me how to get the oil to the bearing

Solution
Can you share the steps ? I have the same card and also need to lubricate one of the fans, but I don't want to break it in the process. Thanks!
before opening the card up, u take one of the fans off, the top spinning part can be detached with a little force. then ull notice a metal thing below the detached fan with a circle plastic on it, the plastic moves a bit and exposes a hole where u can apply the oil/lubricant. it's a tiny hole so be careful and also apply the lubricant around the walls of the plastic(the part which has to sit back in when u put the fan back) and ull be good to go
Dec 13, 2014
Can you share the steps ? I have the same card and also need to lubricate one of the fans, but I don't want to break it in the process. Thanks!
before opening the card up, u take one of the fans off, the top spinning part can be detached with a little force. then ull notice a metal thing below the detached fan with a circle plastic on it, the plastic moves a bit and exposes a hole where u can apply the oil/lubricant. it's a tiny hole so be careful and also apply the lubricant around the walls of the plastic(the part which has to sit back in when u put the fan back) and ull be good to go

Reactions: dbarelli
Solution