LucidLogix GameXtend Aims to Extend Smartphone Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

airanp

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2012
I guess it is working on my note 3 considering I am getting about the same battery life while gaming as I was on my note 2 with only a slightly bigger battery but I don't see their current implementation changing the face of mobile gaming as it still kills the battery fast.

catswold

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
Hope it works better than Lucid's ill-fated graphics engine that was supposed to allow the use of AMD and NVidia GPU's together (as in SLI/CrossFire).

heero yuy

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2010
didn't the phones Huawei came up with not long after they said they were going to take on Samsung and apple have some decent power efficiency software?

Xenturion

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
LucidLogix is definitely an interesting company. They had HydraLogix (the mixed GPU & SLI/CrossFire alternative) and Virtu. (which allows you to use Intel's QuickSync with an addon GPU) Interestingly, they don't really even mention HydraLogix on their site anymore, which is a pretty good indication of how useful it was. I suspect the reason they're being quiet about what GameXtend actually does is that it's a combination of techniques like simple frame rate caps that keep power consumption in check. I wouldn't mind being proven wrong though.

catswold

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009

I did a Google on Hydra and it appears that motherboard manufacturers failed to adopt it due to it's expense compared to simply going with 2 identical video cards.

I actually had an MSI board with it and used it to run a 9800+ combined with a 460. I saw about a 40% increase in performance over the 460 alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.