TXCLKOUTP
TXCLKOUTM
TXOUT2P
TXOUT2M

I would Like to use this signal to interface it with a DVI

Jul 25, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from salimmasumdar : "LVDS to DVI using LVDS interface signals"

The processor has a module for providing a low voltage differential signaling (LVDS) output interface. This module converts the RGB signals output from video display controller 5 to the LVDS format that has six bits each for R, G, and B signals,
and outputs the converted signals. It has a dedicated phase-locked loop (PLL) circuit, which can generate a clock with a desired frequency by dividing or multiplying the input clock frequency.
The clock output from this PLL can be used as the panel clock for video display controller 5 even when LVDS output is not used. This PLL is called LVDS PLL in this section.
• Four pairs of differential output conforming to the TIA/EIA-644 standard (three pairs for data and one pair for the
clock)
TXOUT0P
TXOUT0M
TXOUT1P
TXOUT1M
TXCLKOUTP
TXCLKOUTM
TXOUT2P
TXOUT2M

how can i use these signals to output to DVI

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
If this is even possible, at the very least you'd need a passive converter/adapter of some sort because LVDS uses different voltage levels and termination that DVI.

Beyond that, unless you're able to find an answer posted on the web somewhere, you probably have to analyze the specs for DVI and your chip.

RZ/A1H specs:
https://www.renesas.com/en-us/doc/products/mpumcu/doc/rz/r01uh0403ej0400_rz_a1h.pdf?key=d3f62872cdee4bc5f96888353eed1d13

DVI specs:
https://www.webcitation.org/6ES9y2FuQ

What is your end goal here? It appears that chip is a an ARM microprocessor meant for embedded applications, what are you trying to do with it?

Jul 25, 2018
I am trying to get the output on a screen that support DVI connection. but the chip gives the output for LVDS connector.
Here i am tring to uses these signals to get an output on my screen that supports DVI since this is 18-bits RGB i dont understand how it will work for a 24bit DVI.

Also in the Processor I am using I have other option

Graphics

• Number of graphic planes: Four planes (graphics 0, graphics 1, graphics 2, and graphics 3)

• Supported pixel formats:

-RGB565 progressive format (α: none, R: 5 bits, G: 6 bits, B: 5 bits; 16 bits in total)

- RGB888 progressive format (α: none, R: 8 bits, G: 8 bits, B: 8 bits; 24 bits in total)

- α RGB1555 progressive format (α: 1 bit, R: 5 bits, G: 5 bits, B: 5 bits; 16 bits in total)

- α RGB4444 progressive format (α: 4 bits, R: 4 bits, G: 4 bits, B: 4 bits; 16 bits in total)

- α RGB8888 progressive format (α: 8 bits, R: 8 bits, G: 8 bits, B: 8 bits; 32 bits in total)

- RGBα5551 progressive format (R: 5 bits, G: 5 bits, B: 5 bits, α: 1 bit; 16 bits in total)

- RGBα8888 progressive format (R: 8 bits, G: 8 bits, B: 8 bits, α: 8 bits; 32 bits in total)

- CLUT8 progressive format (CLUT: 8 bits) - CLUT4 progressive format (CLUT: 4 bits)

- CLUT1 progressive format (CLUT: 1 bits)

- YCbCr422 progressive format (Y: 8 bits, Cb/Cr: 8 bits; 16 bits in total) (only for graphics 0 and 1)

- YCbCr444 progressive format (Y: 8 bits, Cb/Cr: 8 bits; 16 bits in total) (only for graphics 0 and 1)

• Maximum image size to be read: 1440 pixels × 1440 lines (horizontal × vertical)

Output video image format

• RGB888 progressive video output (24-bit parallel output)

• RGB666 progressive video output (18-bit parallel output)

• RGB565 progressive video output (16-bit parallel output)

• RGB888 progressive video output (8-bit serial output)

what chipset would you recommend for me to use these signals in order to get an output on my screen with DVI