Question m.2 2230 Without Screw

Oct 20, 2020
I am going to buy Western Digital SN520 NVMe M.2 2230, but my motherboard supports only 2242/2260/2280 sizes. Is screwing m.2 necessary ? Will not screwing it damage itself or motherboard ?

ragnarok0274

Great
Sep 12, 2020
Try and tape it down or something. Pushing it down allows the pins on the bottom side to make better contact, but not a lot. Taping it (try to make it level, so put something in between like some nuts) should do the trick.
I lost my M.2 mounting hardware, so I did the same thing and it worked fine.

Oct 20, 2020
Try and tape it down or something. Pushing it down allows the pins on the bottom side to make better contact, but not a lot. Taping it (try to make it level, so put something in between like some nuts) should do the trick.
I lost my M.2 mounting hardware, so I did the same thing and it worked fine.
Thanks I guss that will help

hang-the-9

Titan
Tape is likely to pop off at some point, possibly shorting out the drive and motherboard when it does. Spend a bit more and get something that fits in your hardware, often trying to save a little money ends up costing a lot of money in the long term when something breaks and damages other parts. Buy a cheap power supply, fry your video card or motherboard, buy cheap tires or brakes for your car, end up in a crash because you could not stop fast enough. Do the right thing in the first place will save you in the future.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS