[SOLVED] M.2 ADATA SX8200 Pro not recognized by Bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 26, 2019
I just bought a new ssd M.2 ADATA SX8200 Pro, but for some reason this is not recognized by the Bios of my mobo ASUS PRIME x370-PRO.
I cant see the SSD in the Sata section "M.2" there is saying that the socket is empty. But then in the boot list i can see the SSD "SX8200PNP".
I have windows 8 and there i can't see the drive as well.
I decided to update the BIOS for the last version available. The only difference i noticed is that now in the boot list the SSD SX8200 is now showing also the capacity, but still not recognized in the list of SATAs and by windows.
I falready unpluged and pluged again to check if it was bad connection.
Anyone possibly knows what is wrong?

Solution
The problem was the windows 8. I installed windows 10 and i could see there my new SSD. I tryed to find drivers to support nvme in windows 8 but without success.
It seems that these ADATA m.2 ssd only works in windows 10
Nov 26, 2019
Btw i have windows 8.0. In devices manager i see an unrecognized PCI deviced with the warning icon. Can be this the reason that it is not working? The fact that windows 8 doesnt have driver for this ssd?

Nov 26, 2019
The problem was the windows 8. I installed windows 10 and i could see there my new SSD. I tryed to find drivers to support nvme in windows 8 but without success.
It seems that these ADATA m.2 ssd only works in windows 10

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.